skills section (1 Viewer)

za

HSC
iv been trying to think of something for this but it just wont come to me. can anyone name a few things that fit under this.

"analyses the ways in which models, theories and laws in chemistry have been tested and validated"

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
Perhaps the development of the acid/base model?

acids contain O
acids contain H
acids/bases ionise in soln
acids proton donors
acids electron acceptors

To get from each step, the theory before it had to be tested and invalidated or improved.

I agree that it's a tough qn though...

za

HSC
wen i did bio last year i had about 5 or so different points for that dotpoint.

i dunno chems different, it focusses more on industry than actual theories etc...

ashtor

HSC
...where's this from?...can they actually ask you something like this in the HSC?

za

HSC
i dunno im guessing so

our teacher last year said so, so im still going by that.

but it hasnt come up in previous hsc exams. at least i dont think i has.

za

HSC
these are the main ones

1. Outlines the historical development of major principles, concepts and ideas in chemistry

2. Evaluates how major advances in scientific understanding and technology have changed the direction or nature of scientific thinking

3. analyses the ways in which models, theories and laws in chemistry have been tested and validated

4. assesses the impact of particular advances in chemistry on the development of technologies

5. assesses the impacts of applications of chemistry on society and the environment

6. describes possible future directions of chemical research

7. justifies positive values about and attitude towards both the living and non-living components of the environment, ethical behaviour and a desire for critical evaluation of the consequences of the applications of science

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Za, u can go into specifics with those points

those points u mentioned relate to both the prelim and hsc course.

check out p.16 of the syllabus. i copied them down yesterday, and im going back to school tommorow to check them out with my chem teacher. we'll probably just brainstorm ideas or stuff like dat! Hey, ashtor and za, u should do the same...... Hawill~

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
by far, the acid definition is the best one to use, that can relate to HSC syllabus.

These are skills outcomes not knowledge outcomes. I don't think they will test you asking for examples, rather they may give say, the different theories of acids and ask you to 'analyse' how they changed etc.

LSP

HSC
Did anybody researched about the Australian male and female scientists? It's in our skill section of the syllabus. I know AAS is discovered by Australian male scientist Alan Walsh. Do you think its important to know??

Paroissien

HSC
Bah. You don't need to name actual scientists. Just and field of science, and explain what goes on. There is a thread on this somewhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)