Skyrznecki (1 Viewer)

shoutoutloud

HSC
Hello thanks for reading this. i am looing for a sup text relating to isolation and NOT belonging or one that deals with both in the same article. Ideas so far are:

Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong lyrics
Just my luck

Any ideas or comments on these? ur help needed
thx

michael1990

HSC
shoutoutloud said:
Hello thanks for reading this. i am looing for a sup text relating to isolation and NOT belonging or one that deals with both in the same article. Ideas so far are:

Just my luck

thx
Well, i would stay away from Movies and Songs. I would use articles, novels, diary entries etc. The thing with the text types you're going to use is that you really have to nail them.

I would suggest a novel composed by Dave Pelzer. It deals with isolation quite well. The book i would suggest is "A child called it".

bored of sc

HSC
shoutoutloud said:

Just my luck

thx
Look up the film clip on you tube (for the linkin park song). It is good to use as a related text in itself.

Zephyrio

HSC
michael1990 said:
Well, i would stay away from Movies and Songs. I would use articles, novels, diary entries etc. The thing with the text types you're going to use is that you really have to nail them.

I would suggest a novel composed by Dave Pelzer. It deals with isolation quite well. The book i would suggest is "A child called it".
Actually, doing an original, not-overdone film is good because not only do you have features of language to analyse, but also visual effects that, coupled with highly sophisticated analysis of dialogue, will impress the markers. It would certainly be better than Dave Pelzer's book I believe... that was way too histrionic for me, and would be chosen but quite a few people I'd imagine.

Anyway, in regards to isolation, perhaps you'd try Mississipi Burning or maybe even a feature article by Tim Winton, Time and Tide. It's how you analyse your texts that sets you apart.

michael1990

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Actually, doing an original, not-overdone film is good because not only do you have features of language to analyse, but also visual effects that, coupled with highly sophisticated analysis of dialogue, will impress the markers. It would certainly be better than Dave Pelzer's book I believe... that was way too histrionic for me, and would be chosen but quite a few people I'd imagine.

Anyway, in regards to isolation, perhaps you'd try Mississipi Burning or maybe even a feature article by Tim Winton, Time and Tide. It's how you analyse your texts that sets you apart.
I doubt it would be chosen by quite a few. I didn't say that films were bad to use. I just said that i would recommend staying away from them. I think if you nail a film (analysing, interpreting and such) it will be a fantastic chance for you to get high marks, but if you bomb out by not remembering the whole analysis you will get your arse handed to you in a platter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)