so... who's finished? (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Has anyone here finished their major works?

i've probably written about 5000 words of my short stories, but our teacher wanted our major works completed last week! we're meeting up this friday at school (ugh, school in the holidays) and i think we're expected to have finished them by now--- :eek: just wondering about our progress in comparison to other schools!

i'm pretty sure our report is due in the first week back too.. fuck.

Huy

HSC
N/A
we have a viva voce first week back.
our major works are due on the 20th of august or something.
so we've got AGES to go.

most students are about 50% through
i'm at about 10% lol!

planning to get my butt into gear after the viva's
before and after trial time i'll have the entire work completed,
and a few days before the due date i'll write up my reflection statement.

most students at my school are probably halfway through,
some are sluggy, but i know they'll get there.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I've written 1000 words of my poetry.... I probably need to write another 500 at least, + reflection statement

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
finished? hahahahahaha. last time i wrote stuff was over a month ago.. these holidays i really need get moving

70% - thought it was more like 90% then i got feedback from someone who knows what they're talking about, and there's a heck of a lot more to do now... all u poor ppl having to still do vivas - is that cos u had 2?? ours was so long ago, sigh. and our report's due after august 25, sometime in september i think...

i'm pretty sure noone else here was doing the radio drama script, but maybe the film ppl would understand - u know with the 20-30 min time limit, how are u judging that? this dilemna has suddenly added a whole lot more work - i'm trying to organise a reading thru of it, with the right no. of actors, all the sound effects etc - to try and get an idea of how long 33 pages of script REALLY is...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I am nowhere near it

Not even close

Nope, probably screwed. But I want to get it done for its beautiful scaling.

lizzy1004

HSC
hahaha finished... god..no way.... done only like 60% of da whole major work... should get a move on but... i work well when l'm near da deadline and l'm panicking.,,
i was suppose to finish mine today.. but... wellzz... yeah life... +_+ never goes da way u want things to go~ kkk

malayz_angel

Finished? I'm only finished if that means only having written 2000 words tops but my report and major work are due first week back. At the same time, I have heaps of other assessments, including History Extension project and that I have not begun.

pri

HSC
N/A
we finished all our assessments for ext 2 (including report) so now Im just finishing my major work (and Im over limit!!!) so Im about 70% done, major rewriting to do.

captnbuttons

uh oh!! don't all kill me but i finished today!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is such a relief! i was stressing because it had to be recorded today and i was nowhere near finished so i crammed and crammed and crammed and i am ready to burn my major work but its done its finished and i have one less subject to worry about.... excpet that silly looking reflection statement ugh... lol! good luck guys!! and don't stress if i didn't do a speech and have to have it recorded about.. 3 hours ago then i would still be 50% thru too! lol

lizzy1004

HSC
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo -.-;;; u finished?? this is bad... if u finished... h....... idunnozz hahah sorriz pplz l'm just stressingggggggggggggggggg

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
well good on you for having finished it captnbuttons, im sure it would be a relief.. now i feel more guiltier for not doing any and having like less than 50% done :eek:
ah well :p

chip

HSC
i'm on my second draft (script) and have just started my reflection statement
still have the report to do

rhinoivory

I'm basically on my 2nd draft, and I'm really ripping it to shreds and cleaning it up. I'm really happy with it, regardless of the mark. All I really have to do is get straight to the point and make it work for me. I've already got a couple of people reading it and making notes.

Hey chip, what does your report consist of? At our school, we have to reflect on our research in report format. I would gladly appreciate any help.... I'm afraid I didn't go to well in my viva - I restarted my major work and I was not in any way ready for any questions, and I'm one of those people that get really nervous when under exam-like condition, so I couldn't really b/s effectively :(

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Sugarhead,

Today I wrote 8000 words of shit, and
upon finishing / finding no more words,
realised my major work was the worst
thing since Kathy Acker's B&GinH.S + 2

I plan on paraphrasing somebody elses
R.S-- Georgia Scholl's (?), because you
know, <I>I count my partners eyelashes</I>.

xoxo.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
ahh yes bean-G*, if only we all had the ingenuity to basically paraphrase an REM song and base our entire work on it.

but fuck, if thats what works??

omg shut up you totally misused my hatred for kathy acker.

i should be writing right now but i'm not.

oooooooh well. *whistles, listens to cyndi lauper*

chip

HSC
Originally posted by rhinoivory

Hey chip, what does your report consist of? At our school, we have to reflect on our research in report format. I would gladly appreciate any help.... I'm afraid I didn't go to well in my viva - I restarted my major work and I was not in any way ready for any questions, and I'm one of those people that get really nervous when under exam-like condition, so I couldn't really b/s effectively :(

we were told that our report was basically the same as the reflection statement and including things such as problems our hopes to begin with and whether we have acheived them and stuff like that
it might be different at every school thought

are you short stories ?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
our report is like an essay questions, we have to talk about the texts that influenced us, concentrating on a major one. Its only 1000-1500 words though, not a lot of room to talk bout much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)