SoR (1 Viewer)

Shiloh

HSC
Does anyone else believe that Studies of Religion 1 so should be a 2unit subject? We have to do religion at our school...and frankly, I get almost the same amount notes and information for SoR as i do for Adv. English, and with SoR I have half the lessons. Its crazy!

Shiloh

HSC
Nah... was thinking about it, but i don't think the school would run it. I should've done Cath. Studies ay...

crazylilmonkee

HSC
sor2 scales a bit more than sor and u just have 2 more of them sections to cover .'. 3 hour exam.. its a killer

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
sor2 is not twice as hard but only twice as much

if you have a good memory, sor2 is a subject which you can easily be good at and achieve excellent results from very little work

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
yeah shes a crazy nerdy girl :p thats one less person to go up against

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no, sor1 has the same amount of notes and eng, but that's because eng is bs. you don't need notes for eng, you only need enough to be able to write a few 40min essays. compare sor1 with the 2u subjects of history, sciences, drama etc. and then you can see it is worthy of being 1u

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
:D you get alot of notes... but it doesnt mean you have to read them. SOR I is such a bludge, you just sit in class and the teacher goes on and on. I supposed there is alot of work involved for those relying on that extra unit but personally i dont give a damn about religion this year *gets struck by lightning* ever since i got 12/20 for my ISP...

santaslayer

HSC
SOR1 is inferior, at our school we call SOR! as 'standard RE' and SOR2 as 'Advanced RE'- (some people go to the extent of saying that it is "extension RE".....LoLz.....:p

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Tha association argued for it to remain a 1 unit subject as it would be unfair to make a subject that is considered to be the backbone of most non-govt/religious schools (in particular Catholic schools and please dont try to argue against this one just 'cause you hate the subject!! LOL) a 'compulsory 2 unit' subject.
As for the 'slanderous comments' against (ha!) SOR, I'll ignore them as attitude is on par with ability and aptitude.............
*walks away waiting for the bitching to begin*
:)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Doing Religion was my best subject pick............... managed to f*ck up a whole question ( Teachers%Interpraters - wrote about people in the wrong period) - in the HSC *snapperhead* would know what i'm on about, and still manage mid band 5!! but unforuately doing physics was my worst ever choice!!

Go 2U RE!!-I'm still a Athiest though

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I personally think SOR1 is the easiest subject to do well in for a capable english/humanities student with minimal effort. The subject is in fact a blessing in disguise for such people and I think you are wasting an easy unit by underestimating its worth to your UAI should you end up needing it.

The smarter ones catch on to this and use SOR1 for all it's worth. Remember, the HSC is a game - study smart.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
i'm so glad i dropped religion. it was only being done to fill up 112 units. it was the period where i could catch up on my sleep =D
/me bows down to kimmeh
you truly are speshal :S

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
SOR is basically year 9/10 history (well Christianity in australia, and aboriginal spirituality, havent done the third topic). well thats what i keep telling myself, it seems to be working....

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted byTenax Propositi
I personally think SOR1 is the easiest subject to do well in for a capable english/humanities student with minimal effort. The subject is in fact a blessing in disguise for such people and I think you are wasting an easy unit by underestimating its worth to your UAI should you end up needing it.

The smarter ones catch on to this and use SOR1 for all it's worth. Remember, the HSC is a game - study smart
I whole heartedly agree.SOR1 counts as a unit (or two!!) and usually scales well so why not use it for what its worth.........

Originally posted by Tenille
SOR is basically year 9/10 history (well Christianity in australia, and aboriginal spirituality, havent done the third topic). well thats what i keep telling myself, it seems to be working....
sort of correct but its a little more involved than stage 5 history (more specific in detail is what Im trying to say....) but you can use stage 5 history to breeze through the course (dont know about the exam though.......:) )

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I do SoR2 and so far I've really enjoyed it. For our essay on Religion and CUlture (it was an in-class task) we were allowed to bring any notes we'd made into the exam, just as long as we didn't bring in the actual text book.
I can't say how hard it will get later this year and next year though..

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
sor is good if u stuff up in ur other subjects + you have more than 10 units if you stuff up maths or something then u will have sor to fall back on ... thats what we got told when we were deciding between c/studies sor1 and sor2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)