Sorry but does anyone else do In the Skin of A Lion?? (1 Viewer)

dan_da_man_is

HSC
Lol i swear mine is the only school that does it!!

If there is anyone else out there... what did you think?? And what did u write??

DistantCube

HSC
I did it. I wrote an essay, except in key points I included more persuasive language to my point of view. The way I read the question was that after a class discussion, someone disagreed with your opinion and you had to back up your opinion, so therefore you need to write an essay and be convincing. That's what I did anyway. Also the other thing that made me lean towards an essay was how it said to include those things in the response.

So I covered; language, construction (form and textual integrity) among the usual readings; I covered Marxist, Post-modern and half and half on post-colonial and cubist - referring to two critics.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
A couple of classes at our school does it... It wasn't too bad, I was just saying how you could take the readings from it, so it remains valid for study as a critical study... I would have loved to argue the other way, but it's too hard... Only problem was I probably didnt talk about it informally enough to be how it was supposed to be... but i thought it was a good question.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
We do ItSoaL :). I opened with someone saying "I don't agree..." and proceeded to write some paragraphs with the same person intejecting with "Examples?" or something stupidly similar. Twas ok, wrote about how it is valued from so many diff perspectives (then included my po-mo, post colonialist, and Marxist examples) and therefore it is worthy etcetera etcetera. It was quite persuasive, if I do say so myself heh heh heh.

My hand is permanently cramped though, so yeah, that's not fun.

trivia

novemember
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I do it!

I love it. It's my best module. :)
me too! yay! :) i think i would even like to read it again, in a non-HSC context.

i love ondaatje

HSC
ohhh yeh i do ondaatje. check out my name - he is SO DAMN GOOD.
my teacher MET the bloke!

anyhow. i forgot to be persuasive and stuff.. i just slapped in my essay and hope it worked .. shoving in some 'i think.. in my opinion' yadiyada crap in there. GO textual integrity!

okie dokes folks. hope you guys did cool :)

_Benji_

HSC
ondaatje rocks :D

yeah i just basically did my essay using it to prove how strong the textual integrity was.... didnt really address the class member though...

meats

Shut Up Thawley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shnur

HSC
i did it......
.......am i the only guy here who actually DISLIKED (read: hated) reading that damn novel?

I even drew a picture of myself flykicking him in the face on the exam paper. Take that, Ondaatje.

HSC
N/A
i love ondaatje said:
ohhh yeh i do ondaatje. check out my name - he is SO DAMN GOOD.
my teacher MET the bloke!

anyhow. i forgot to be persuasive and stuff.. i just slapped in my essay and hope it worked .. shoving in some 'i think.. in my opinion' yadiyada crap in there. GO textual integrity!

okie dokes folks. hope you guys did cool :)
I knew even before I checked your public profile that you're a student of Mr E. Good on you, girl :)

I do feel at times that Ondaatje gets a little carried away with his own cleverness, but he has written some absolutely beautiful pieces that are definately deserving of worship.

banana_phone

HSC
chooette said:
Only problem was I probably didnt talk about it informally enough to be how it was supposed to be....
I didnt take it to mean an informal response at all, it seemed to be a structured argument to explain why your ideas discussed in class were valid.

I liked the question tho, as far as exams go, I thought it could have been a LOT worse. How many pages did you guys write??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)