Speech TOPICS and RECORDINGS (1 Viewer)

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
I've just started the ee2 course and ive decided to do a speech, however im unsure of the kind of topics people do for speeches and marking notes say there are too many people just saying critical responses so...

what do you do?

So if anyone is willing to share please post your topics on here.

Also does anyone have an actual recoding of their speech on teh computer that i could possibly listen too? there is heaps of information and resources for all the other mediums but i lost in trying to find speech related stuff.

Please help!

topdeck

HSC
Hey i'm thinking of doing a speech as well. Like you say, its difficult to know what to write about because there's no examples of past speeches really...except for that lame one about african women on the board of studies site.

I was reading the markers notes as well and they said that not many people do creative responses? So i might do something like that...i was thinking along the lines of a memorial or eulogy....alhough that being said i'll probably end up writing a political / analytical speech and end up getting marked down for it.

What were you thinking of writing about?

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
well not to sure yet... i went to an ETA extension 1 day today and i asked about ee2 and they said alot of people do political speeches but im not into that thing so that ok and they said one of teh best last year was a girl who went to accent school an dactually learnt how to speech irish!!!! i wish i could do that anyway after today ive been thinking and i might do something on how the holocust has been portrayed to english audience and how different ages have different texts or something maybe i dont know!!! lol

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
Had ee2 today n i listened to one of teh Showcase pieces from a couple of years back n ive decided im not doing ee2 im not smart enough, these people i heard were amazing and their concepts and everything were awesome!!! Ill never be able to be like that so yea have a listen to other people's to see what the competition is like, it reallly opens your eyes up!!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Clever Chick said:
Had ee2 today n i listened to one of teh Showcase pieces from a couple of years back n ive decided im not doing ee2 im not smart enough, these people i heard were amazing and their concepts and everything were awesome!!! Ill never be able to be like that so yea have a listen to other people's to see what the competition is like, it reallly opens your eyes up!!
Listen to yourself talk. If you're going to take that attitude to life, you might as well kill yourself now.

You don't need to ahve this 'awesome concept' that blows everyone away. All you need to do is take something that interests you and something that you know you can do well with and do it well. It's not a matter of having an amazing concept, it's a matter of the execution.

Do EE2, even if you don't do speeches; it is the best course in the HSC and you will kick yourself for not following it through until the end.

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
bringbackshred said:
Listen to yourself talk. If you're going to take that attitude to life, you might as well kill yourself now.

You don't need to ahve this 'awesome concept' that blows everyone away. All you need to do is take something that interests you and something that you know you can do well with and do it well. It's not a matter of having an amazing concept, it's a matter of the execution.

Do EE2, even if you don't do speeches; it is the best course in the HSC and you will kick yourself for not following it through until the end.
I know sorry

i was having a really bad and emotional week and it just scared me so much listening to them!

I've reconsidered and im going to an excursion on monday and i have an open mind cause i really want to do it, i think more for me cause its a project rather then marks!

Thanks for being so honest!

Allan vB

HSC
I'm also thinking of doing a speech. I was thinking about the euthanasia debate... any ideas? Because the time limit is 20mins, l I'm thinking of doing two speeches, both for and against. It’s a really controversial topic so i can get really into it... which is good. I was also thinking about having it presented as a debate... I'd love to get some feedback...

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
That sounds good but i went to a lectur ethe otehr day and they said just make sure its not like a PIP assignment it has to relate to texts and english courses! So if you can add them it it sounds good!

Im doing like 5 speeches n im hoping to learn a few accents im so excited but now i just have to make sure i spend all my time doing it cause i havent done like any other homework for a week! I got an idea and now its stuck! LOL

We should deffinently keep in touch though cause theres not many ppl doing speeches!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Allan vB said:
I'm also thinking of doing a speech. I was thinking about the euthanasia debate... any ideas? Because the time limit is 20mins, l I'm thinking of doing two speeches, both for and against. It’s a really controversial topic so i can get really into it... which is good. I was also thinking about having it presented as a debate... I'd love to get some feedback...
You sure you're not doing a PIP? That sounds a hell of a lot like a PIP. You'll have to speak to a teacher or people about making it 'Englishy'.

beckaa

HSC
i agree with you clevergirl! i read them on the board of studies site and was completly intimidated and had to be talked out of dropping. and i havent heard any of themmm.

and whats the deal with recording them!? a recording studio? thats soo weirddd.

im still scared and intimidated though lol

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
In our first EE2 class our teacher went through some of the texts from the WS 2004 which resulted in one guy (of 3) dropping because he claimed he could "never amount to that". By that token, we should all drop our subjects if we aren't getting 50/50.

I'm doing a short story btw. Should be fun ;D

Allan vB

HSC
bringbackshred said:
You sure you're not doing a PIP? That sounds a hell of a lot like a PIP. You'll have to speak to a teacher or people about making it 'Englishy'.
I spoke with my teacher and I ahve now decided to entwine values relating to the inner journey and also those of the "telling the truth" module from advanced. What do you think? I thought that it connects quite well with my chosen topic, euthanasia...

rapunzel

HSC
I think that sounds quite good. Hopefully extension two will work out for all of us. It's one of my subjects where at least we can do our own thing...pretty much...

beckaa

HSC
i'm going to bump this thread.

and ask if anyone is still doing speeches? and if so how are they going, with just over two weeks remaining?

Allan vB

HSC
I have to get mine in by friday... two days away. AHH!I have created a for and aginst speech re euthanasia. I was up until 5am last 'night' finishing the final draft... Recording the night before... oh, I hate the way that I procrastinate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)