• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

St George Dragons (1 Viewer)

any supporters, they are so inconsistant,
now how many are injures, barrett, head, hornby, thompson. must be something wrong with the training.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Its a highly physical contact sport, injuries occur to all teams, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with the training, its just part of the job.

hipsta_jess said:
Its a highly physical contact sport, injuries occur to all teams, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with the training, its just part of the job.
It happens all the time with the dragons!! every season they go through a phase where they have none of their first class players

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
codereder said:
any supporters, they are so inconsistant,
now how many are injures, barrett, head, hornby, thompson. must be something wrong with the training.
Matey,

If you go to the second page, I think you'll find that there is a thread on the Dragons already.

Secondly, it's the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Barrett will be back against the Eels, and he said today that Hornby is a slight chance. If you are claiming that Matty's injury was a result of poor training methods.... lol. And since when was the bloodnut injured? First I've heard of it...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
how bloody pathetic are we

our 3 play makers our out
we have no chance

thank bloody god we have a bye

ledzeppelin

HSC
codereder said:
must be something wrong with the training.
you'd have to think so
you can't explain the consistently high number of injuries any other ways
same thing goes for the knights

davo_

good kid
HSC
ChrisE said:
injuries also occur when you are SOFT.
hah funny ya say that. Not to do with the dragons... but ya hear the old fellas at the football: "Ya go in half-hearted and you're gunna get hurt." And then at the same time, you see a good solid player get hurt : "Ya run as hard as he does all the time and you're bound to get injured."

But the game is hard - anyone who's played knows that: and you should probably get the message just from watching. Even to make it in the NRL without any great injuries is a pretty big thing. I know a few fellas cutdown by injuries before they even got a chance.

davo_

good kid
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
you'd have to think so
you can't explain the consistently high number of injuries any other ways
same thing goes for the knights
haha. I think you can explain it by the hard nature of the game. I think the teams are unlucky, but I doubt it has anything to do with their training... stop looking for conspiracy theories you kids.

ledzeppelin

HSC
davo_ said:
haha. I think you can explain it by the hard nature of the game. I think the teams are unlucky, but I doubt it has anything to do with their training... stop looking for conspiracy theories you kids.
look at newcastle
they don't have any full time trainers or physios, and have a bucketload of injuries
then compare them to the roosters, who have those kind of people, and dont have many injuries
look at ben kennedy - at the knights - injury prone
this year at manly - played just about every match i believe

davo_

good kid
HSC
If what ya say about the knights is true then maybe you have a point. I can't speak for newcastle, but I have a few mates who play lower grades for st george-illawarra and I know they have that sort of stuff on board. But to be honest I think its unlikely what you say about the knights - in this professional age- is true.

ledzeppelin

HSC
davo_ said:
If what ya say about the knights is true then maybe you have a point. I can't speak for newcastle, but I have a few mates who play lower grades for st george-illawarra and I know they have that sort of stuff on board. But to be honest I think its unlikely what you say about the knights - in this professional age- is true.
they have part time support staff i believe
they only have 4 or 5 full time employees in the whole club
the knights is probably the worst run sporting organisation in australia, they really need to step into line with the other nrl teams
the problems stem from them having no money and being run by non-professionals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)