• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stationery for uni (Science subjects) (1 Viewer)

haruhi

HSC
hey
i was wondering what most people use at uni for their stationary needs? loose leaf sheets, subject divided notebooks, thin exercise books etc?

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Re: stationary for uni

lol i have been thinking of this same question...i think that i will probably use divided notebooks but thought at the same time if these would have enough pages...if i dont decide soon i will probabl just go with he A4 excersie books that i used in high school. What do new uni starters think they will use and those at uni what do you suggest from experience? what is the best option?

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC

thanks for the link that had a lot of info for arts subjects what would u use for science subjects...sorry i am not intending in stealing this thread i just think it raised a real good question...if not science in general...

stazi

Nightman
HSC

a laptop is all i need.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC

SO does a laptop really help?i have recently bought one to use for assignments etc but is it useful in leactures? willl the battery live long enough to survive the lectures?

Skeeta

HSC

Its less useful in science, because if you study anatomy etc there are lots of drawings involved and/or formulae.. Its generally quicker to write in those subjects

A laptop helps if it is powerpoint presentations that are mostly text. Batteries differ from laptop to laptop, but mine (apple) lasts me a whole day. There are also places in lecture theatres to plug them in.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

dion7789 said:
SO does a laptop really help?i have recently bought one to use for assignments etc but is it useful in leactures? willl the battery live long enough to survive the lectures?
...youre asking me if YOUR battery will last long enough? my battery lasts for 6 hours. yours might last for 5 minutes.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

I survived last semester (doing exchange) without a pen until the exams

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A

A laptop can be useful but for a lot of science subjects it isn't particularly great unless you have a tablet. Graphs, diagrams and equations are a lot easier to deal with when you are using pen and paper. For most instances it won't be worth taking your laptop to uni unless you know you are going to need it to work on an assignment or something similar.

tennille

HSC

Okay, you'll need pens, pencils, rubbers, rulers, a calculator, and whatever paper you want to write on (it could be loose leaf, a note pad or even just an exercise book).

Last edited:

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
thanks for all ur help...sorry didnt actually say battery life...mine has approx 2.5 hrs what are the average length of lectures? i think it may just be easier to use the old pens and paper.

tennille

HSC
Lectures usually run for one hour, but they can be up to three hours (especially for arts subjects). But since you are doing a science course, most of your lectures should be one hour.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
and some will have 8am starts >=D

stationery wise, i used loose leaflets, i used books.... i find books + loose leavelets more helpful...

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Thanks i think i will use books to be safe and when i get into routine may strt using laptop then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)