Still possible to get 90+ UAI? (1 Viewer)

blazer78

HSC
N/A
lol, i've basically screwed up my final school assessment mark pretty badly.

English Advanced
============
Raw Mark: ~80

2 unit Maths
=========
Raw Mark: ~60

3unit Maths
========
Raw Mark: ~45

IPT
==
Raw Mark: 90
Rank 1/14

Chemistry
=======
Raw Mark: ~75

Physics
=====
Raw mark: ~80

NB: raw mark is out of 100

Assuming that i get ~90 for all subjects (excluding extension maths lol) [95+ for IPT] , in the HSC exam, would i be able to get a UAI of 90 or above?

thank you for your time.

Last edited:

heidi_kak

HSC
you really can't tell yet
i know it sounds lame, but you really just have to do your best in the actual HSC and see what happens.

P

pLuvia

well neone can get a uai of 90+ if they get 90 in all their subjects, unless you really stuff up the trials badly, which i dont think you'll be able to get higher than 90

Raginsheep

HSC
For most subjects there, you've come above or around average. From this, we can probably infer that you're an average student for your school.

Now, have a look at the school's previous HSC results. If the years before and your year are similar in ability and stuff, then you should get an UAI that corresponds to the average ones in the past.

get_born

i reckon if you want 90+ in the HSC stop thinking about ways you can get it - because lets face it no one here can tell the future - That 90 is not going to pop out in thin air...study work hard and whatever you get , you know that you tried your best. Its ironic, im giving this advice and I should be following myself. So goodluck anyways and if you believe you can get it...then you will!

blazer78

HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
well neone can get a uai of 90+ if they get 90 in all their subjects, unless you really stuff up the trials badly, which i dont think you'll be able to get higher than 90
trials have already passed, and yes i stuffed it up bad. (marks i posted are final assessment marks [raw])

blazer78

HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
For most subjects there, you've come above or around average. From this, we can probably infer that you're an average student for your school.
hmm.. average... i think that would place me in the 80 UAI range? i don't want 80 though lol, surely i could get at least 88?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
90 in English advanced with that mark??

more than 95 in IPT? ... you assume u r top 0.7% of the state, wow thats very good.

if u get 90 in all the subjects you said (85 in 3u, 95 in ipt) you are looking at a uai of 97

I think you will be "pleasantly surprised" with your uai, but disappointed with your HSC mark.

blazer78

HSC
N/A
haboozin said:
90 in English advanced with that mark??

more than 95 in IPT? ... you assume u r top 0.7% of the state, wow thats very good.

if u get 90 in all the subjects you said (85 in 3u, 95 in ipt) you are looking at a uai of 97

I think you will be "pleasantly surprised" with your uai, but disappointed with your HSC mark.
A band 6 in english advanced is not impossible ;)

take into account my poor assessment marks. even if i get 90 in my HSC exams for most subjects, that would pull my asessment score upto a maximum of 80.

As i've basically stuffed up my 3 unit maths, the final moderated mark (for maths) i can hope to get is around 60-70.

looking at my final assessment marks i've given above, would everyone say that 90+ UAI is pushing my luck?

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
blazer78 said:
hmm.. average... i think that would place me in the 80 UAI range? i don't want 80 though lol, surely i could get at least 88?
Above average but I'd say not in top ten.

blazer78

HSC
N/A
one more question..

i've read the stickies on UAI and scaling. Do assessment ranks at school contribute to the UAI? or does the UAI take your final assessment + HSC mark and place you in a rank for NSW?

A l

HSC
N/A
blazer78 said:
one more question..

i've read the stickies on UAI and scaling. Do assessment ranks at school contribute to the UAI? or does the UAI take your final assessment + HSC mark and place you in a rank for NSW?
Yes, assessment ranks at school matter for the moderating process and this accounts for half your final HSC marks.

blazer78

HSC
N/A
sigh.... wish there could be more reassurance for a possibility of 90 UAI or above..

even if i do get 90 in most my HSC exams, i'm not so sure that i can even get high 80's since my assessment rankings aren't that good, the marks aren't that good either.

Last edited:

blazer78

HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
Depends on what school....
just found the rank out... =/
top 350 school, or to put it simply..

>300 but <350

ok, so can i still get UAI of 90?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
blazer78 said:
just found the rank out... =/
top 350 school, or to put it simply..

>300 but <350

ok, so can i still get UAI of 90?
mate... anythings possible... If u ever bump into anyone ranked above u... encourage them to study and kill the HSC.... if they goo good and ur whole class goes good no matter what ur ranked u'll still go well.. as long as ur marks r good too...

right now... just study ur head off... and make sure u study like there's no tomorrw.. then u will get urdream 90+ UAI...

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)