• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Strange items in people's common rooms? (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
In our's someone bought in a toasted sandwhich maker....

Also this may not be strange but someone brought in a record player

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
a blowdrier... yeah thats the most strangest thing i've seen in the common. also those ice cream cone things that shoot out the 'cream' which is a foam ball... yeah. not much excitment at my skool.

Last edited:

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
our common room is pretty tame... typical kettle/fridge/microwave/cups/cutlery/sink kinda deal...theres always some interesting items in the fridge (and always some interesting practical jokes)

and being from byron bay, we have STACKS of herbal tea!

ellipsis

HSC
We have a possum !!

We've named it Billy. He lives in a hole in a wall near our couch. We feed him apple sometimes. We have like 10 couches too, but some are pretty feral/holey/smelly.

Our 'common room' is actually this whole stand alone cottage thing. Its a second hand classroom from Castle Hill Primary school. Its the maddest thing, coz there is a separate kitchen and everything.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by ellipsis
We have a possum !!
What if the RSPCA find out!!! You'll get shot!!!

Good idea though, we HAD pet goldfish until people started throwing food scraps, uncooked liver from Bio etc

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Common room, Common room, What common room.
My school is to stingy to have a common room.
Wished we had one tho, would give me something next year to look forward to next year.
The only privledge's our seniors get, is been able to use the libary in the first half of lunch without juniors.
lol

The closest thing we probley have to one is the dungen. a temporary classroom/gym. we use it for our frees, it has a whiteboard desks and gym equipment that doesnet work and desks.. o0o0o0o we have rats to in the dungen.
lol

Last edited:

ellipsis

HSC
Its native. Its not like we put it there. We just got the cottage, and notice a rustling in the wall. Then cos its old, theres a few holes in the wall, we looked in, and oh gosh, possum !

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well in ours the school has supllied an urn, microwave, fridge and toasted sandwich maker. We have a huge noticeboard all over one wall where people stick up all sorts of amusing things... we have a HSC time line where everyone has written up their birthdays lol. Lots of couches, a heater, a cupboard with a chess set in it, a vacuum cleaner...

It's kinda cool, except when it rains because there are 170 people in my year, and when everyone tries to fit in the common room (the size of an average classroom) it's kinda scary!!!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
last year we had

a barricade (this only lasted a day)-- we put abc classic fm on full bore, and used all the tables and chairs to cordon off a corner of the room.

a 50 level pascal's triangle on the wall (some people had way too much time on their hands)

someone's lunch pinned to the ceiling

a height chart and boob size chart

a che guevara banner

and i bought my typewriter in for a few months... people would type stories on it

(and all the usuals... a few crappy computers, microwave, fridge, hot water thingy, etc)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Cushions, couches, a TV and a small door that lead to the canteen (VERY useful when stupid old canteen lady forgets to lock it)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
We had about 10 flags put up all over the room and used as curtains. I think they were the most unusual items there, and then there was the usual collection of mouldy couches, mouldy cards, mouldy carpet, and broken appliances.

Last edited:

Rahul

Dead Member
we had a table tennis table:p

that got removed bcoz it wasnt helping our studies.

there were other tables in the room which some ppl joined up to make very dodgy tables to play on.

izzyjc

well we have sandles that r spraypainted silver on our wall near our door .....does that count as wierd???:p oh and pictures of our year from kindy to year 11 but that isnt too bad
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)