strange... (1 Viewer)

rusty123

HSC
ok so i do advanced and the bottom 3 classes out of 7 in my school (ranked 27 or so) study physical journeys. im in english 6 but still reasonable (rank 30/145) but ive noticed that the board of studies has been a right bastard against physical lately. like, in the past 2 yrs we have had a shit question this year and the same as the others last year, plus out of the 6 reading texts there has been maybe 1 (text 2 this yr) which had anything to do with physical, despite the fact that like 60% of people do it! is it just me or are the board of studies trying to make physical do shit cos most standard people do it or something... i dunno. just my two cents. discuss if u want

purplepixie

HSC
Well physical is the most simple.
So they make the questions more complex to try and make it more fair I guess.

superbri

HSC
I think physical is harder than imaginative, but maybe it's because I've learnt about the imaginative journey.

I think it's easier to bullshit your way through an exam because the journey's basically all in your head anyway since you're just making it up as you go along. Obviously I didn't actually write that in my exam, but you get the point.

The imaginative journey is mainly about the process of speculation as you have to speculate the journey before you actually go on it, etc. Samuel Taylor Coleride used the process of speculation throughout his poems, especially Lime Tree Bower since he was just sitting by himself in a stupid garden with the shits because he couldn't go for a walk.

So he speculated what his friends might be experiencing on the walk (or journey)..

But interpretation of the new?

Fuck that.

meteorangela

HSC
Yeah I think BOS is just having it in for Standard Eng people (like me), trying to make the question confusing for Standard kids (like me).
AAAAAAAAAAARGH!! It's unfair. why couldn't they just have the SAME question for each journey :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)