• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

stressed---dry (1 Viewer)

tebbybear

i've been searching the whole net for scientific journals of dry cells, and it either comes up irrelevant or u hav to buy the journal...can anybody help me? or direct me to some good sites that might be helpful???

alien

HSC
just look in your textbook or get info off your teacher. why do you need a scientific journal? do the lithium cell its so easy to remember all the stuff

tebbybear

our teacher was been lame and said that one of the sources must be from a scientific journal...
and the thing is...we have to do EITHER lead-acid cell OR dry cell AND other cells...but i already have all the information i need for other cells, but i cant find anything for dry cells

HSC
i just finished my assignment on chemistry electrochemistry
i did dry cell vs lithium

i found that the books that follow syllabus are the best, because they relate too exactly what you need, i havent got my results for my assignment so i cant tell you its spectacular but you can have any bits your not sure on it ?

alien

HSC
do lead acid its a cinch
electrolyte- conc sulfuric acid
anode- lead plates
cathode- can't remember
k so maybe thats a bit mixed up. i just haven't thought of it for a month. but the other stuff like impact on society and advantages and disadvantages are really easy.
advant- liquid electrolyte means continuous recharging is possible cos it has continuous contact with the electrodes. expensive outlay is overcome by its long life. most effective car battery today. allows for modern transport

dis- wet cell can spill (corrosive H2SO4). heavy. toxic and must be disposed of carefully (Pb esp.). but all batteries must be disposed of carefully.

seriously, for the hsc we had to compare the lead acid cell or dry cell with the lithium cell or some other. so just do lead acid and lithium. winning formula cos theyre totally different and the others have similar uses and stuff

HSC
yeh you can compare lithium and lead acid, theres more of a contrast, dry cell and lithium are similar in some ways, you can compare greatly how lithium contains no heavy metals, excellent energy output per weight unit comapred too lead etc..

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Scientific journal for dry cells? Dry cells have been around for so long and unchanged that you'll be searching an archive to find anything.

Lil Clutch

HSC
casmira-i need ure help

Casmira said:
i just finished my assignment on chemistry electrochemistry
i did dry cell vs lithium

i found that the books that follow syllabus are the best, because they relate too exactly what you need, i havent got my results for my assignment so i cant tell you its spectacular but you can have any bits your not sure on it ?
hey can i borrow ure notes? please. my assessment for the hols specifically asks us to compare the dry cell and lithium cell in terms of chemistry, cost and practicality, impact on society and environmental impact. it will be awesome to have a guide to where i can get exact info from. can you help me please?

HSC
Attached is a .rtf (rich text file) of my comparison table, you can open it in any word or even wordpad

04er

HSC
Casmira said:
Attached is a .rtf (rich text file) of my comparison table, you can open it in any word or even wordpad
You beat me to it! By the way, nice table.

Students looking for comparisons may also wish to look at Q. 19 at Conquering Chemistry - Answers to the 2001 HSC Chemistry

I personally recommend comparing Dry Cells with Button (Silver oxide) Cells.

Hope that helps! :)

Last edited:
HSC
it would be alot longer but I had a word limit ;) I had too dot point alot of my shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)