• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

'stressed' father sticks two-month-old in microwave (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/05/18/1178995356677.html

A teenage father has been indicted in Texas on charges he burned his two-month-old daughter in a hotel microwave oven, a prosecutor said.
Joshua Mauldin, 19, who was visiting Galveston, Texas, from Arkansas with family members, was indicted by a grand jury on one charge of felony injury to a child, said Assistant District Attorney Xochitl Vandiver.
The charge carries a prison sentence of five to 99 years, Vandiver said. Mauldin was being held in the county jail in Galveston, on $US250,000 ($303,600) bond, a jail spokesman said.
The baby girl was hospitalised with burns on her face and one hand, according to television and newspaper reports.
"Her injuries are pretty significant," said Vandiver, who prosecutes child-abuse charges. She called the case, "unusual and horrific. I've never seen anything like it".
Mauldin initially told police the baby was burned when he stumbled and spilled hot water on her, according to the Houston Chronicle. Later, he said he placed the baby into the microwave oven because he was under stress, the newspaper said.

These people just shouldn't have kids. Especially at 19. How fucked up could you get?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
sounds like a crazyman to me. Who the hell cooks their baby rare and then doesnt eat it?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
A good case for chemical castration of rednecks if there ever was one ...

lengy

HSC
This is why abortion should be legalised. To prevent the birth of maltreated children who may become criminals or mental patients.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
lengy said:
This is why abortion should be legalised. To prevent the birth of maltreated children who may become criminals or mental patients.
abortion is legal

bshoc

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Children aren't born maltreated, aborting a child is no different to sticking it in a microwave ..

What about we actually screw over the criminals rather than the victims ?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
WTF

I just found it funny that the sentence could be anywhere from 5 - 99 yrs. Can;t they narrow it down a bit more?

HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
Children aren't born maltreated, aborting a child is no different to sticking it in a microwave ..

Yeah, but nervous systems and thus perceptions of pain are a lot more developed at 2 months, than in a foetus or embryo.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
bshoc said:

'cept that anything you abort ain't a child.

pretty scewy at any rate. I once saw someone microwave a cockroach and I was pretty distressed about that. :(

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha. At work this dude use to routinely put various alive things in the freezer. Its about -20 so stuff freezes pretty fast. I saw various bugs, cockroaches, spiders etc, a couple of times he managed to scare the pidgeons that hang around our backdoor up the stairwell and into the open door then he shut it haha. I have no idea why he did this and why he could slack of work so easily but meh when he was supposed to be supervising me it meant i could slack off too.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
vulgarfraction said:
Yeah, but nervous systems and thus perceptions of pain are a lot more developed at 2 months, than in a foetus or embryo.
You can numb pain, kill someone, and its still murder, I don't see your point, pain is one thing, existance is another ..

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
'cept that anything you abort ain't a child.
There is no such separation line in real life ...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
bshoc said:
There is no such separation line in real life ...
yes there is. once something is expelled from the vagina (or gut, depending on the method), then it becomes a child.

HSC
N/A
Serius said:
haha. At work this dude use to routinely put various alive things in the freezer. Its about -20 so stuff freezes pretty fast. I saw various bugs, cockroaches, spiders etc, a couple of times he managed to scare the pidgeons that hang around our backdoor up the stairwell and into the open door then he shut it haha. I have no idea why he did this and why he could slack of work so easily but meh when he was supposed to be supervising me it meant i could slack off too.
I stuck a moth in a jar in the freezer overnight for a Year 7 kid's project... next morning it was still alive

bshoc said:
You can numb pain, kill someone, and its still murder, I don't see your point, pain is one thing, existance is another ..
Yeah, but you don't exist yet if you can't survive on your own.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
vulgarfraction said:
Yeah, but you don't exist yet if you can't survive on your own.
Some children have lived being born early enough to be aborted ... there is no such fine line, and you cannot decide on things like these with approximates ..

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
yes there is. once something is expelled from the vagina (or gut, depending on the method), then it becomes a child.
no, no it doesen't, magical fearies do not come an turn people into a real boy ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)