• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

stroboscope photographs (1 Viewer)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
aaahhh... is this yr 11 or 12 question? I don't remember ever doing anything on this...

But I suppose they take pics at a set interval, and if you set up a scale next to whatever you were taking pics of (like - put a big ruler or measuring tape), then you could see how far the object was falling in that interval. Since you know g, and you know the distance fallen and the time taken between each shot... Um... what else is there?

You could probably use this as an experiment for "How you calculated the value of 'g'" actually...

My guess is that you wouldnt have anything this hitech in a school though. My digital camera only takes about 3 or 4 frames/sec, and I dont think thats fast enough to even model something like this?

Dangar

Originally posted by Fosweb
But I suppose they take pics at a set interval, and if you set up a scale next to whatever you were taking pics of (like - put a big ruler or measuring tape), then you could see how far the object was falling in that interval. Since you know g, and you know the distance fallen and the time taken between each shot... Um... what else is there?

yeah that's right but we didn't ever do an actual experiment using a stroboscope.
However in exams you can get projectile motion questions where they give you a diagram and tell you the frequency of the strobe...and from that you have to work out the time intervals and the time values.... it just adds an extra complication

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)