• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

struck another problem (1 Viewer)

puffkenny

HSC
*I Think*
Local is where you install the softwareon only one workstation
Network is where you install the software on the server/router so all computers in the network can access it

like i said, I THINK, I'm not sure

chris42

HSC
Local installation is about the fact that your install software on a machine from a cd rom or floppy disk that is in the actual computer you are installing the software to.

Network installation is installing software from a network drive, or network cd rom, etc, to a local machine on the network.

puffkenny

HSC
I got this from Andrew_Blackwel's website
they are from the teacher's notes:

Local Installations
Software programs which are installed locally onto the machine not from a network
Can allow other users to access programs via the share profile

Network Installations
You can install programs over a network
It is called (in windows) Remote Installation and can be customised to suit your specific needs.

puffkenny

HSC
hahahaha I'm very thankful for your website, SIR!!!
all the notes I have given in my school are really insufficient. All my studies for the past 2 days are dependant on the materials from your website.
Thank you so much!!! hadn't I found the resources from your website I might truly fail tomorrow!!
Thank you!!!

^___^
HSC
hmm..I'm look for some notes on the hardware side of things, thats my major problem..

like stuff like ports, USB, SCSI..those..

anyone :(:(:(:(

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by ...
hmm..I'm look for some notes on the hardware side of things, thats my major problem..

like stuff like ports, USB, SCSI..those..

anyone :(:(:(:(

SCSI - Small Computer System Interface, formerly used for Scanners now USB has taken over it for Scanners

USB - tranasfers at 12 Mbps, 127 devices can be connected via daisy chaining, slower than firewire. While USB 2 also known as High speed USB is faster than firewire, transfers at a speed of 480 Mbps.

Firewire - Transfers at 400 Mbps, used for large file transfers like digital video cameras, or CD Writers, has two forms of plugs, 4 pin or a 6 pin head plug, 4 pin is just for data transfer, while pin is used for data transfer as well as providing power to the device.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by ...
oo..talking of SCSI...

what is daisy chain..

what are the disadvantages and advantages?

thx :)
Disadvantages of daisy chaining? dont think there is, its more like an advantage as more devices can be connected

say ok... a scanner yea u connect a usb cable from that to the computers USB port, and the scanner has a usb port as well plug a another cable to that and it can be hooked up to another device with USB, havent u seen those monitors or keyboards with two usb ports on them, that allows daisy chaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)