• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Student accomodation???!!!??!?!?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

71Bleach

HSC
Does anyone know anything about Greenwich village accomodation??????
or dulwich hill lodge where should I stay??

Im moving to sydney from country Qld, never lived in a city before and have no idea. Just dont want to get ripped off or anything, cheers.

Andi0390

HSC
I don't know about the places you mentioned but from the names I would presume they are in Sydney. I used to live in Sydney and its not that hard to find accommodation. Uni supplied will be more expensive and probably worse than you would get if you were out looking for a share house.

If you are looking for a share house I think it would be reasonable to pay between $130 to $170 depending on size of room, location and if bills are included.

Generally rooms are unfurnished and bills are not included. Look for a place either close to where you are studying or close to a railway. Watch out because a lot of adds are for shared rooms, which I wouldn't want. Housemates are often more important than the house itself. In places like Surry Hills, Glebe etc, watch out for insect infestation (very yucky). Try and move in with students, or people your age it makes life easier. You will probably need between 300 - 600 in bond.

Both Dulwich Hill and Greenwich Villiage areas are far from most study places, where are you planning on going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)