• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Guides (1 Viewer)

myst

HSC
Hi could someone please recommend which study guide I should get for this subject?

Is the Excel one any good?

Thanks.:)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm..there are so many variety textbooks with excel like past papers and the normal general maths one.

i heard cambridge textbooks are good but are expensive compared to excels and stuff.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Without Wings
i have both of the excel ones - the study guide as well as the practice papers one. i havent really used either, except i used the practice paper one before my exams to just do some practice q's. if u just want practice papers and questions then the practice exams one is good, if u want it to learn how to do things and explanations, then i'd recommend the other excel one.

the book that the mathematics association of nsw is also good for practice papers, it has a few past hsc ones plus other practice papers.
Thats true, l borrowed a past paper plus other papers from my tutor (who isn't my tutor anymore) and it was great!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
past papers are good to use and the sample paper excelled one too.

just get a variation on textbooks because different textbooks have different type of questions.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
just get a variation on textbooks because different textbooks have different type of questions.
that is so true, the wording of something can often screw people over and they use the wrong equation or work out the wrong thing or something...from experience

babeishnes

i have an excell, it is good to study from but all my friends have diff study books and they all seem to be ok

estella

What I'm doing with my tutor is that he gets me other school's trials and work. Me and my friends have different study books and we swap books because the best thing you can do is to get a really wide exposure of all the different questions. But that's really time consuming.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm i dont know about you guys.. but working through the excel book i find its just like my textbook (without the crappy hsc study tips every 2nd page)
it has examples.. then exercises as well as practice papers..
but yeh you dont really need to buy different textbooks.. just go into the library one day and use it to do exercises for a couple of hours.. why bother wasting $40-$50 on each textbook when they all have the same notes but different exercises

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)