• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Timetable (2 Viewers)

michael1990

HSC
Could anyone please help me put together a Study Timetable?

My school hours are.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday
8:30am - 3pm

Tuesday
8:30am - 2:10pm

and Thursday
8:30am - 12:30pm

PLEASE HELP LOL

i can never make a study timetable

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
michael1990 said:
Could anyone please help me put together a Study Timetable?

My school hours are.

Tuesday

and Thursday

PLEASE HELP LOL

i can never make a study timetable
Monday/wednesda/friday- 3 30 - 4 30 Homework
4 30 - 5 30 Eco
5 30 - 6 30 english
8 30 - 9 30 spillover

Tuesday 3 - 4

ect.

Make one hour blocks

no more then 4 hours a night.

ps. i know you, and as if you would stick to it.

EDIT: exactly what without wings said- be dedicated other wise theres no point.

michael1990

HSC
My i would like to do 2 Hours a day.

except on friday nights and saturday night and day.

i do General Mathematics, Standard English, Business Studies, Economics and Information Technology.

anymore information needed?

i am also getting a Economics Tutor, which we would be doing 2 hours on a Thursday or Saturday.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
michael1990 said:
no i really do need to stick to it.
you need to, but will you.

thats the question at hand.

Priorities.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
For me personally, study timetables are not that effective. Why stick to to such a rigid pattern? Whilst, a study timetable may work for some people, the thing you have to understand is that, if you had better time management skills, you would not have to write up a study timetable. What's the point of setting out a strict study timetable if you're not even going to stick to it? You could easily achieve the same result by improving your skills time wise, and it would also be more flexible.

michael1990

HSC
risole91 said:
you need to, but will you.

thats the question at hand.

Priorities.
well as i said, i need to. So this would imply that i would be sticking to the timetable

michael1990

HSC
Aplus said:
For me personally, study timetables are not that effective. Why stick to to such a rigid pattern? Whilst, a study timetable may work for some people, the thing you have to understand is that, if you had better time management skills, you would not have to write up a study timetable. What's the point of setting out a strict study timetable if you're not even going to stick to it? You could easily achieve the same result by improving your skills time wise, and it would also be more flexible.
no i just need someones help in making a study timetable, i would stick to it as i have realised i need to work hard on my HSC, as its my last chance to get to where i want to be easier. (with high marks)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
michael1990 said:
well as i said, i need to. So this would imply that i would be sticking to the timetable
it would imply you want to.
you dont fully understand how hard it is..

my sugesstion:

start of slow, an hour a night.
then work your way up gradually.

michael1990

HSC
Just need someone to help me make a study timetable

My school hours are.

Tuesday

and Thursday

i would like to do 2 Hours a day.

i do General Mathematics, Standard English, Business Studies, Economics and Information Technology.

i am also getting a Economics Tutor, which we would be doing 2 hours on a Thursday or Saturday.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
whatever you do, make it realistic
just block in the imperatives (eating time etc) and go from there
rotating your subjects, maybe allocating more time to ones you're struggling with/ assessments that're coming up.
i dunno.

if anyone has any groundbreaking tips on constructing and adhering to any such timetable i wanna hear :)

SpoonSamba

HSC
well one of my teachers has tried to make me make a study plan which i haven't done

but she said give 40 minutes a night to each subject, which i think is a good length of time and then go like do something for 10 minutes cos i honestly cant work for any longer.

But 2 hrs a night and ur not gonna get everything done.. unless u use free periods and stuff at school.

i dnt think ive really helped at all but anyway lol

bassistx

HSC
30min, 5min break, 30min, 5 min break
or if you can handle it: 50min, 10min break, 50min, 10min break, and so on...
Do at least 3 hours.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
Just need someone to help me make a study timetable

My school hours are.

Tuesday

and Thursday

i would like to do 2 Hours a day.

I am not sure if you are morning person or night person. If you are morning person it is going to be so much better.

Here we go:
0630 - 0700 (Brief revision of what you did yesterday)
0700- 0730 (School Preparation)
0800 - 0830 (Travel)
0830 - 1500 (School)
1500 - 1600 (Travel)
1600 -1630 (Break)
1630 - 1730 (Homework)
1730 - 1830 (Break)
1830 - 1930 (Mathematics)
1930 - 2030 (Break)
2030 - 2130 (English or IPT or Economics)
From 2130 (Whatever you want)

That's basically weekdays. I put 2 hours of "study" and 1 hour of homework. In my view, the least amount of math you can do is 1 hour. Therefore, just do one hour of math everyday. For other subjects work it out in the most convenient way. For Business Studies, don't study it everday. It is basically about memorising rather than understanding. It won't stick to your mind for long if you just memorise it. So, I recommend you to do Mathematics everday with one subject that you like to do or whatever you have to do on that day.

EDIT: EVERY HOUR YOU WORK COUNTS. DON'T WASTE IT AND IF YOU CANNOT STICK TO THIS PM ME WITH SOME MORE OF YOUR PERSONAL DAILY ROUTINE AND WILL BE HAPPY TO FIX IT FOR YOU

Zephyrio

HSC
Prelim people, please stop wasting your time by exerting all your energies on year eleven. Make sure you get everything and do well in your exams, but don't study for it as if it's your HSC. Year eleven doesn't count, so go outside and enjoy the sun.

(I'm being serious.)

calslut

Banned
HSC
Yeah, jesus christ. If you're spending your entire day from 6:30 till 9:30 doing school work minus a few breaks, you're doing it wrong. You are studying irrelevant shit (bar maths) which won't help you when it counts.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Study timetables never work unless the first thing you do is add in the stuff you like doing.

Fill in the gaps with study after your hobbies.

michael1990

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Prelim people, please stop wasting your time by exerting all your energies on year eleven. Make sure you get everything and do well in your exams, but don't study for it as if it's your HSC. Year eleven doesn't count, so go outside and enjoy the sun.

(I'm being serious.)
I am doing my HSC this year.

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

well, my advice would be to experiment for a day or so about when you're able to study best.

For example, try the studying before school, they say it helps cause its the first thing that gets into your head so its sticks- when i do early hours i study subjects that i have on the same day at school and one that needs understanding so in class i'd have everything fresh in my mind...
Memorising subjects in my opinion would be best in the evening because you'll be tired so you're brain might not be able to comprehend complex material but it sure will memorise.. but test it out anyway cause it could be the opposite for you

also, subjects you're having trouble with do more hours of or subjects that might need a higher mark to scale you- but that's a bit dodgy

hours per day: as much as you can handle - there is no limit to greatness :)

In terms of how long each of your study periods go for, some people can sit 3 hours straight (like me- sometimes) and others can't sit for half an hour so test your limit and keep studying till you pop :) then you'll know how long your study periods should be.

breaks: depends on how long you've been studying for.. an hour of study could give you bout 15- 25 min break?

anyways, hope i helped.. good luck with everything :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)