study tips. (1 Viewer)

~SArAh~B~

I find it really hard to study. I get good marks but not excellent because I don't know HOW to study. If anyone has some good study tips please help. I have looked at some on the net but they haven't really helped.

I just can't seem to sit down and do it... no motivation I suppose. :confused:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i find it hard to study too. i find the best way for me is to not think of it as study, coz then i wont do it.
if you havnt done this already, go back over all your notes and type them up. then halve this amount into a summary. halve or quarter this amount into an 'executive' summary.
also (for english, since you are asking in an english forum) get a huge piece of paper and write down all the techniques, examples, quotes and how everything links together.
also, do past hsc papers, coz thats the style we will be getting come october 20.

hope that helped!

Lolliana

no study method in the world will help you get motivated
its something only you can do (sorry)
i know how you feel, my marks are pretty good, but like most of us, i could do a whole heap better if i stopped getting sidetracked by the simspons, and cake, and the phone and oh look theres something shiny!

for some people fear is enough to motivate them, others just really enjoy the work, though i challenge n e 1 to tell me they find any hsc course, rewarding, interesting and stimulating!

im still looking for what motivates me, and in between just doin what a year 12's gotta do

bitch and moan

numg

HSC
I like BNW, BR, Julius Caesar and even john Donne...

...well i would have if i didn't have to analyse them to death. As soon as they go into the syllabus they stop being 'entertainment' and become 'texts'.... *sigh*

Leanne

HSC
wat i'd do for english is re-read all of my texts and break each text into imagery, language, concepts, etc...and look at the context of each one.

then look at practice essays and see how u could bring all of these parts together...how u could link 2 texts together thru imagery, etc......it may help u to struture ur essays better in exams!

HSC
Haha, i havent even read all of my texts, and although my marks are not great, i am still maintaining a ~70 average :p

god damn im gonna fail my hsc tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)