Studying for IT? (1 Viewer)

BDC

Hey people, i do IT vet course and i was curious if you guys had any idea on how to and what to study. Our teacher gave us a crapload of sheets but they were mainly on how to answer the telephone. Any advice would be much appriciated!!
-Cam :D

Winston

HSC
i do this course but im in yr 11
welll now im kinda in yr 12 start of term 4 heeh scraed shitless anyways

its a really easy course maybe becoz its common knowledge to me....

but i really notice

word, excel, access a big factor tested on alot some of the past papers...

try working on them

know your terms in these 3 applications

and the biggest ripper in most subjects exams nowadays are scenarios

most ITS tests formats will be based on many scenarios

so dont think studying and known wat sumfing stands for will get u anywhere coz u gotta know wat it means wat it doees an example of a use of it and u gotta apply it in the scenario they provide for u...

grab the exam off the board of studies for last yr and grab the guide on this site

and go to this site

http://www.studentnet.edu.au/index1.html

go to computing studies
looka rouund there are some papers for ITS too

good luck in your exam...

Jellymonsta

not quite right
the last section, where you pick 2 of 3 q's to answer, they are going to be scenarios - ie bs about selling a small business system, OHS discussion etc
the free response section may talk about scenarios, but they really just want to know that we know the terms
i dont really think it is IT related... its another english based course :(
i agree with you about the course being simple, though winston; i got 2nd in western syd Tafe :D (actually i didnt score too highly). mainly cause there is so little content
BDC, the summary i was given goes through the applications you did (word etc), back ups, viruses, OHS, IT workplace, communications, client support (telephone stuff). and be prepared for the scenarios... s/w inventory, etc.
you should probably go through your course documentation, and just look at all the modules that you have completed - work off that.

HyperJK

HSC
well you going to have to study off the notes u got from the core/elective Topics and read your past papers for the last questions as you have to select 2 out of 3. Plus Spreadsheets is a worry if there are any IF statements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)