• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying National Study (1 Viewer)

letoatreides

HSC
Would it be possible to just study one half of the national study?
for example in Germany could I just study the Weimar Republic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Oh and also how many historian quotes per essay do you reckon one would need to get that elusive band six? Would it be possible to get a band six if one didn't use any quotes but merely answered the question very well?

Last edited:

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
It really depends on how much of a risk you're willing to take.

Typically that ask 2 questions, one from both sections of the syllabus (so one Weimar, other Nazi); however they are not restricted to this format, and very well could decide to ask two questions from the same section.

It's a risky move. I'd learn one more detailed, and have the other well knowledged just in case.

enoilgam

HSC
for example in Germany could I just study the Weimar Republic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Oh and also how many historian quotes per essay do you reckon one would need to get that elusive band six? Would it be possible to get a band six if one didn't use any quotes but merely answered the question very well?
First, you should study both Weimar and Germany. Whilst the usually have a question each, they can ask 2 questions on one topic or a combined question. Second, quotes are used to support your answer. Its a very good idea to have them, but you just need some form of historiography (saying something like "Historians believe this..." would suffice).

D94

HSC
N/A

It's possible, but not recommended. You are far better off knowing everything for Germany, and your other modules.

You can include quotes, or include something relevant which shows extra depth in study and knowledge, eg. the Intentionalist/Structuralist debate, and use the historians there to support your argument. You want historiographical information which shows authoritative perspectives of your topic, otherwise it's just your opinion which doesn't have that strength in argument.

nephh22

HSC
It really depends on how much of a risk you're willing to take.

Typically that ask 2 questions, one from both sections of the syllabus (so one Weimar, other Nazi); however they are not restricted to this format, and very well could decide to ask two questions from the same section.

It's a risky move. I'd learn one more detailed, and have the other well knowledged just in case.
Exactly this ^

nephh22

HSC

u dont neccessarily need "QUOTES" but make reference to historians and their aruguments on the point ur discussing. But u should have SOME quotes, and historiography is ESSENTIAL for a Band 6 - apparently :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)