Stuffed internal assessment marking (1 Viewer)

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
Hey all,

I was really happy with the work I produced with respect to Module C; Elective 1: Institutions and the Individual Experience and the novel "Raw" as the prescribed text.

We were assigned a task to:
1) create a 200-word introduction statement that briefs the task with respect to your thesis and what will be shown in the task itself; and
2) compose a radio interview of 4 - 5 minutes duaration which identified and demonstrated the effect of institutions on the individuals within it, using the three texts: the novel "Raw" by Scott Monk, the excerpt from the television documentary series "Brat Camp" and my related text: the song lyrics of "Prisoner of Society" by The Living End.

When I received my task mark back yesterday I got a massive shock when I only received 9 out of 20 - the average mark (the highest being 16/20).

I re-submitted it for a review because I honestly think I deserve a better mark than 45% for this task. Could someone review what I've written and pick what it is that I've done wrong to deserve such a crap mark, because I honestly don't know what more I could have done for this task.

Your criticisms and time are very much appreciated :)

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ok, its relatively poorly structured and written. Its not properly referenced.
Also, why do you have a transcript? The task said identify and demonstrate the effect...not write a transcript for a radio program.
Furthermore, that transcript is not realistic.
Which radio host would say:
'Ok, identify three techniques that assertain the relationship between the individual and...'
'Now, outline how.....'
(I'm just making up examples based on what it looks like).
That's just answering generic questions rather than using a different medium.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I forgot to mention it is meant to be a transcript for a radio program, acting as a HSC forum run by students for students. (Edited post to fix this).

It doesn't particularly matter too much that the questions I created are unrealistic with respect to the actual questions likely to be asked by a radio host program as people who received marks of 14+ also did this.

I realise there was a time limit and I exceeded it by about 30 seconds, but this also demonstrates inconsistencies in the marking of this task because my friend whose interview went for 1 minute over the deadline received 12/20. Go figure.

One of the descriptors I got was that I showed a "developing" level of ability to use language features in relation to conveying purpose in light of the institution's goals and effects on individuals.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
UPDATE:

The task has been remarked now and I've now received 11/20 instead of 9/20. I'm pretty happy with the new mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)