• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subheadings... yay or nay? (1 Viewer)

aud

HSC
My structure for my critical response finally flew into my head last night before I slept - but it's sort of divided my work into three... with the headings, Maiden, Mother and Crone (with extra little quotes and stuff) - to represent my three texts in their negative/neutral/positive argument...

It should work well with my themes... problem is though, my middle section is likely to be many times larger than the other two because that's where my focus is - do you think it'll matter? It's just that they won't be able to flow very well, and the links will just happen when they happen...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
That sounds pretty neat, I like the headings (although why those words? Are there more positive/negative connotations?)

I wouldn't worry about it except to emphasise your primary section. And if you're working under subheadings then you SHOULD have your material pretty well split up, except for logical links between the three...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I'm not working with sub-headings so to speak, but when I start a new idea I use a quote either from the plays I am analysing, or a quote that the playwright has said - which relates to what I'm about to say.

aud

HSC
They're related to my topic - Maiden/Mother/Crone is the symbolic cycle of life (and death) and growth...

And I've ended up with so many quotes... so it wouldn't be practical to split it up only like that... but they do begin a new section as a subheading under my subheadings... hmm... is there a name for those? Or are they like... sub-sub-headings... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)