subject choices (1 Viewer)

NAT

hey pplz I am going to do yr11 again next year at tafe cause i want to change subjects for the HSC.

right now i am doing yr11 but i want to stop. anyway is it possible to stop the subjects I don't want to do again next year but finish the subjects I want to do next year so I only have to study three new 2 units subjects at tafe next yr?

so anyway not that i will get it but if I do these subjects and go to the crappest tafe in the country with the dumbest ppl in the classes is it still possible to get a 100 UAI with these subjects? and say i got 90% in my assessment, exams and hsc exams for all the subjects what would my UAI be since these are such shitty courses? (by the way the online lazseeker is not working)

english standard,
pdhph,
senior science,
and 2 beginner lote subjects
i am doing work studies as well for prelim yr but not for hsc of course

by the way please tell me what subjects u guys think are the easiest like i mean really easy compared to the other hsc board developed courses. and which are the easiest lote courses apart from french and indonesian.

yeah so thanks please reply

sif not 99

cant u just repeat at your local high school???

talk to your year advisor or career advisor they should be able to help you out better than most of us could

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by NAT
hey pplz I am going to do yr11 again next year at tafe cause i want to change subjects for the HSC.
Why TAFE?

anyway is it possible to stop the subjects I don't want to do again next year but finish the subjects I want to do next year so I only have to study three new 2 units subjects at tafe next yr?
Yes, you can do that.

so anyway not that i will get it but if I do these subjects and go to the crappest tafe in the country with the dumbest ppl in the classes is it still possible to get a 100 UAI with these subjects?
If you topped the state in each of those courses, yes, you could get a UAI of 100. If you had done those courses in 2001 and achieved a mark in the top 1% of the state for every one, you would have been awarded a UAI of 98.00

and say i got 90% in my assessment, exams and hsc exams for all the subjects what would my UAI be since these are such shitty courses? (by the way the online lazseeker is not working)
Last year, it would have been 96.60. You would have topped the state in standard english, been in the top 1% for PDHPE, top 1.25% for senior science, top 12% for french beginners and top 25% for indonesian continuers. Yes I realise you said beginner LOTE courses, not continuer ones, but you didn't specify which (and you mentioned indonesian somewhere else). And LazSeeker Online is operational again.

NAT

hey lazarus

yeah anyway I'm going to tafe cause I'll be 18 next yr and l don't think you're even allowed to still be in yr11 when you're 18 r u? at least no one in my school is that age in my grade. do u know anyone that age still in yr11 or 19 in yr 12? anyway why do u ask is tafe really that crap?

Alex

A cousin of mine did his senior years in tafe and earned himself a UAI in the low 90's so TAFE shouldn't be all that bad.

dissonance

there is a guy in my year at school who is 19, soon to be 20 years old. For whatever reason he took a year off school a while ago and has been moving between different countries etc. etc. I think he completed year 11 in another country but had to start again once he got to Australia.....i dunno, the whole situation confuses me.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: hey lazarus

Originally posted by NAT
yeah anyway I'm going to tafe cause I'll be 18 next yr and l don't think you're even allowed to still be in yr11 when you're 18 r u? anyway why do u ask is tafe really that crap?
It's perfectly fine. Students who repeat a year (or more) are in the same situation. Theoretically it should give you an advantage, too. And no, TAFE isn't necessarily crap - school provides a better atmosphere, in my opinion.

Originally posted by scotew
Can I next year (in my year break from school to uni) do maths at TAFE (which I am currently doing but failing) and Economics (which I don't do) also at TAFE, do the two subjects in the 2003 HSC and add them onto this years best 6 units to get a new better UAI?
For maths - yes. You won't be allowed to undertake the HSC economics course until you've successfully completed the preliminary one. It's possible to do both in the same year, but not recommended. Theoretically, had you done the preliminary course, yes you could do both maths and economics in 2003 and have a new UAI calculated taking them into account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)