• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subjects > UAI > Scaling = Lots Of Questions! (1 Viewer)

Domox

HSC
I am a year 10 student going onto year 11. I am very confused, so in this thread there will be alot of questions. The subjects I want to do are listed below:

Adv English
Studies Of Religion
Mathematics
Hospitality
Information Technology
Legal
(Maybe Environmental Science or Chemistry)

Will these subjects ensure a UAI of 70+?
What is scaling?
Do my subjects scale well?
Any suggestions to improve subjects? Like if you think Environmental Science is rubbish then let me know and help me please.

Also I was thinking about doing TVET courses. Is that where they come to your school or you just go to the TAFE?

Will this count towards UAI, and do these results get scaled?

If you could help it'd be much appreciated.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Occasionally I wonder if people actually READ before WRITING here.

Will these subjects ensure a UAI of 70+?
No. There is this tiny little other factor in the HSC besides subjects, school and scaling - you working.

What is scaling?
There are stickies on this.

Do my subjects scale well?
Not really. Adv and Maths yes, I suppose.

Any suggestions to improve subjects? Like if you think Environmental Science is rubbish then let me know and help me please.
SOR, Hospitality, IT and Environmental Science are all rubbish. But you know, someone's gotta be below average.
(If you don't want that to be you, pick up Chem and some extra maths/english or something instead.)

Also I was thinking about doing TVET courses. Is that where they come to your school or you just go to the TAFE?
No idea on this one - search.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Occasionally I wonder if people actually READ before WRITING here.

No. There is this tiny little other factor in the HSC besides subjects, school and scaling - you working.

There are stickies on this.

Not really. Adv and Maths yes, I suppose.

SOR, Hospitality, IT and Environmental Science are all rubbish. But you know, someone's gotta be below average.
(If you don't want that to be you, pick up Chem and some extra maths/english or something instead.)

No idea on this one - search.
It won't be too hard to earn a 70+ with those subjects.
It is good someone has chosen Mathematics over General Mathematics and time and time again I must remind there is NO such course called Advanced Mathematics in the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)