Suggest me Some Holmes (1 Viewer)

Pegasus Ezekiel

HSC
I have an assignment, crime fiction. Its a speech we do the big sleep and a related text focusing on how crime fiction uses mystery as its key element.

I have decided on Holmes and most likely The Sign of the Four. Not being a Holmes Junky myself I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a more suitable Holmes tale. I do not need a favourite story of someone but one that is possibly better or better suited to my needs.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Perhaps the best Holmes novel is The Hound of the Baskervilles, it is very complex compared to the others and chock-a-block full of red herrings. It is also fairly popular with crime fiction students if that is a factor for you.

If you're looking for something shorter, then The Dissapearance of Lady Frances Carfax is a good short story for this purpose. I think the entire thing is readable online here if you want a look.

emdrinan

HSC
hey i just finished reading the mysterious adventures of sherlock holmes. I havnt read any holmes stories before but i think it could be a good text as it contains 8 mysteries and also mention the responder numerous times during the novel and attempts to guess at their emotions as they read the stories. It could be helpful?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)