Swallowing Tablets? (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
iambored said:
btw, some tablets can't be swallowed with certain drinks so be careful
I read where this old bloke took multiple gel-covered pills with a cuppa tea and they melted together in his gullet... eek! :eek:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol thanks guys. i think i will try the jellybean thing. it's not that im actually scared to swallow them, its just doesnt happen, like my throat is thinking for me or something. but yeah thanks heaps for all the advice :D

bex

HSC
its totally all in your head... i mean we swallow bigger mouthfuls of food than the standard tablet!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i just went on the pill today. hmmmmmm...this' gunna be fun! i've never been good at taking medication, dont think i've ever actually taken a complete (ie. uncrushed) pill in my entire life! got at least a week (or more...i'll need it) to practise, luckily

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
dark`secrets said:
i'd say crushing them
only problem with crushing them is that they generally taste like crap :p

alby said:
i think it says with water. lets just hope it goes down without too much hassle
try taking a massive gulp of water...worked for me :eek:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
alby said:
i never believed that you were 100% male, brad. now i have proof - thanks :)
i dont know if thats an insult or not :(

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
i've never had problems swallowing tablets until i got braces and the tablets would get stuck in the metal and practically melt there while i tried to find it..but i'll still rather that than having my tablets crushed or chewed ewwwwwwwww~!!!!

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I used to never be able to have them but now I can. Its purely a pyscological thing.

You chew and swallow food bigger then those pills, my mum would tell me this every time I tried, but honestly the pressure made it worse for me. I knew I should be able to but I just couldnt and one day I just did. I have to swing my head back to swallow them, but I dont care, at leats now I dont have to have it crushed with honey (eww) etc.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
jebs: my mummy crushes my stuff (WHEN i have it) in yummy stuff like smoothies (she blamed old/over ripe bananas once when i said it tasted bad) and milo (actually, not that good with panadol :()

braad: yeah...i guess i'll let that slip. but only for tonight caus i'm tired

night guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)