• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

switching codes!! (2 Viewers)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I think it's a selfish attempt for a player to earn more money for themselves.

Where has the simple concept of loyalty gone?

Andrew Walker has to be the classic case for me:
Started off in Rugby Union.
Went to league and debuted in 93 with the Dragons.
Went to the Roosters in 95.
Went back to Union in 99 (just so he could try and play in the 99 World Cup).
After an unsuccessful time here (alcohol being the main problem), he signs with Manly for a two year, $400,000 deal.
In the middle of that contract, he is found to have taken cocaine, and is sacked.
He now runs a gardening business, and is considering an offer to go and play rugby league in France.

I think a player should just stick to one code and that's it.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
bootylicious said:
ok, ill pick a topic.......ummm........ how about braith anasta!! do u guys think he will switch over to union???
Haha. I thought it would inevitably lead to this. A bit earlier than I expected, though :p

I don't know if he will or not. His body language as he left ARU headquarters suggested that he wasn't a happy man, but who knows?

If he goes, it will be funny to look at those Bulldogs. After letting Thurston go (who has proved this year that he is worth much more than the Dogs thought he was), and then having Anasta walk out on them. Especially after Harris has already walked out on the club.

Oh, it would be a funny story.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Haha, you should be reading the NRL thread. It would give you a good indication ;)

bootylicious

HSC
well, im a big bulldogs fan, but im also a union person.

i like rugby in general, but i prefer union to league!!!

i dont want anasta to leave the doggies bcoz he contributes so much to the team, and it just wont be the same without him!!!

but him switching over to union.... i reckon that he'll be invaluable to the waratahs (im assuming that he'll be playing for the tahs).

bootylicious

HSC
doesnt anasta play the five-eigth position ( is that wat its called in league??) and if he does switch, eddie said that he would most likely play for the WRC. if he switches before 2006, that is.

but i can see him wearing the no. 10 jersey for the waratahs (if he switches). just not at the begining of the super 14 . probably around round 6.... But yeah, he has a lot to think about!!

bootylicious

HSC
true, that boy has the potential to be a really good five-eigth, and i reckon playing for the rabbitohs will be holding him back!! (no offence to any rabbitohs fans out there!!)

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
I dont want braith anasta to go to union....waratahs dont need him...and if he went into no.10 position it would only be for a year

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Because i imagine anasta won't go there until next year and the waratahs just signed a really good number 10, but he is still in year 11 so he won't start playing until 2007

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I wish nrl would ban game/code-switchers. Before anasta has to make his decision.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Jago said:
I wish nrl would ban game/code-switchers. Before anasta has to make his decision.
The Chief said that on the footy show as well, but he wasnt thinking that when the Knights wanted to re-sign Johns. Just shows he's an idiot

bootylicious

HSC
do u think sonny bill will make it in union?? remember earlier this year, how ppl were saying that he would be a great union player and stuff. but eddie jones saying that he wouldn't make it into union bcoz hes too slow, and not allowed to shoulder charge in union and stuff like that!!!

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
bootylicious said:
whos this "really good no.10"???
Just a kid...you will see in a couple of years...or in the paper this year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)