• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teachers (1 Viewer)

chapz

HSC
Do you think your teacher makes a big difference to your marks? If I have the opportunity to switch to a better one should I?

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Depends on what teacher you're talking about.

For maths, (I have the same teacher for both 3U and 4U) not really. I don't even do the work he sets, whether it's schoolwork or homework. My maths mark is the result of my own work, not trying to be arrogant.

For chem, somewhat. I've learnt from the only other chem teacher in my school and prefer his method of teaching more than the one I have now. My marks in chem have become less stable once I stopped having classes with the other chem teacher. But eh, I'll just self teach myself.

For phys, definitely. He goes into detail with everything, which I like. I reckon the gradual increase in my phys marks are a reflection of how good at teaching he is. The only prob is prolly that, for one, details kinda put people off phys during prelim, seeing as quite a few dropped from phys during prelim. The other is that my teacher can't control the class, so there's plenty of disruption -.-;

I've recently swapped Eng teachers, so dunno how the current one teaches, altho many say he's good.

beentherdunthat

HSC
1) No
2) There's two threads about 'teachers'. Are they REALLY that important? :confused: :)

LordPc

HSC
most definately, a good teacher can make alot of difference, especially when explaining concepts to do with a certain subject

My Economics teacher is great and has made eco so easy to understand. however my ext eng teacher cant motivate me or my class and so i do very little work and dont get very good marks

but you should definately trade up if you can

undalay

HSC
I don't understand, even if it was a small difference to your marks, if you were given the opportunity why do you even hesitate ?

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, I got a shit teacher for English, its just really hard to get motivated to even work properly...

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Yes. Teachers are important when it comes to helping you have interest in your subject. More interest, the more you pay attention, and presumably you'll learn more.

lcx

HSC
well, i think yes teachers are important
but see i dont have the choice to a change teacher for a particular subject, so ur lucky so i'd sya use this chance.
thers no way i'd eb able to switch aroundt he subject lines to be able to move to anotehr class as it would move around ym other subject teachers 2.

but yeh does a crap teacher make u fail the HSC?? thats wat i'd lik 2 no

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i swapped subjects cuz of teacher... id say 50% is teacher and 50% is you...but if you have the chance to swap to another class with a better teacher...why not?

LordPc

HSC
lcx said:
well, i think yes teachers are important
but see i dont have the choice to a change teacher for a particular subject, so ur lucky so i'd sya use this chance.
thers no way i'd eb able to switch aroundt he subject lines to be able to move to anotehr class as it would move around ym other subject teachers 2.

but yeh does a crap teacher make u fail the HSC?? thats wat i'd lik 2 no
Having a completely awful teacher would definately affect your marks negatively as you would have to do extra work and also would not have the resource of a teacher who can answer all your questions. But IMO this wont cause you to fail the HSC, just bring your marks down a little

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)