technique? (1 Viewer)

popsmokeswife

HSC
hey does anyone have a technique for these quotes

“There is not a thing on the planet Earth that compares to fentanyl except Jules. Jules is a close second”

“This is the part where the character never recovers … This is the scene that scars her forever”

“I remember a couple of days before you passed away.. you told me that if i ever wanted to be with you..all i would have to do is close my eyes.”

thank u so much

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
hey does anyone have a technique for these quotes

“There is not a thing on the planet Earth that compares to fentanyl except Jules. Jules is a close second”

“This is the part where the character never recovers … This is the scene that scars her forever”

“I remember a couple of days before you passed away.. you told me that if i ever wanted to be with you..all i would have to do is close my eyes.”

thank u so much
truncated sentence following a longer one, has a juxtaposing effect for the first. second one is repetition of 'this is' and high modality of never. metaphor/symbolism kinda for the third - like a metaphor for remembering someone you love? not too sure on this one

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In addition to the above, there are a number of techniques that I believe would be applicable to these quotes. The first quote includes an anadiplosis in the repetition of "Jules" at the beginning of the second sentence. Because the word is repeated, it indicates a significant emphasis. The purpose of it is usually to make an aspect memorable and trigger some form of emotional reaction.

The second quote includes a personification, that of the "scene" as it "scars her forever". Essentially, the aim of this would be to enable the audience to relate more to particular aspects of the text that would otherwise not receive attention as intended. In the case of this quote, this consists of the circumstances to which the character is subjected.

In terms of the third quote, the use of emotive language is evident, especially through "passed away", "be with you" and "close my eyes". Similar to the aforementioned anadiplosis, this type of language seeks to create a specific emotional response in the reader, which could be that of sympathy. This sympathy could also extend to empathy, as this emotive language is coupled with the use of first person in "I" and "me", allowing the audience to understand the story/event from the character's own thoughts and feelings, thereby creating a strong emotional connection between the audience and the character.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)