Tempest Hagseed questions (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Also basically in school we were taught to base our paragraphs like this:
Two para for Colonial and post colonial argument
Two para for patriarchy and feminist argument

This is just a quick list of the themes that we make our ideas from. In school our teacher said to have it focused on contextual shifts and how those result in different representations and stuff basically, hence the paragraphs above.

However I know others usually base it off like: vengeance leading to imprisonment or imprisonment though a colonial lens. And then liberation/ transformation through performance. Ik @SadCeliac @scaryshark09 do similar to such.
I’m a bit concerned on if they specifically ask us to discuss the theme of transformation? Then how would I approach it with what I have. Would it just be like Atwood creating a transformative space through theatre that instead liberates oppressed or silenced individuals in the tempest? I’ve looked through a bunch of trial questions and all past hsc and I haven’t seen many that deal with transformation. However a transformation theme based question would be the hardest to adapt imo, the others are all manageable. And they have asked text extract questions for the past two years and have given outside quote based question the previous two year so I’m not sure if they could go a specific theme this time?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Also basically in school we were taught to base our paragraphs like this:
Two para for Colonial and post colonial argument
Two para for patriarchy and feminist argument

This is just a quick list of the themes that we make our ideas from. In school our teacher said to have it focused on contextual shifts and how those result in different representations and stuff basically, hence the paragraphs above.

However I know others usually base it off like: vengeance leading to imprisonment or imprisonment though a colonial lens. And then liberation/ transformation through performance. Ik @SadCeliac @scaryshark09 do similar to such.
I’m a bit concerned on if they specifically ask us to discuss the theme of transformation? Then how would I approach it with what I have. Would it just be like Atwood creating a transformative space through theatre that instead liberates oppressed or silenced individuals in the tempest? I’ve looked through a bunch of trial questions and all past hsc and I haven’t seen many that deal with transformation. However a transformation theme based question would be the hardest to adapt imo, the others are all manageable. And they have asked text extract questions for the past two years and have given outside quote based question the previous two year so I’m not sure if they could go a specific theme this time?
I base my essay going one paragraph on revenge into mercy
and then second paragraph on imprisonment (physical vs psychological [with obsession with control and revenge])

JESUS @synthesisFR CAN YOU GET RID OF THE BATS I CANT READ YOUR DAMN QUESTION

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
View attachment 40222
how would u go about this question??
thanks
I would be very stuck for this....

I think I'd discuss how the recurring idea of performance where the characters' actions are done for presentation for others reflects their own motivations for revenge??? I mean for my imprisonment paragraph I can do it easier because I actually recognise that Prospero is trapped within the play and recognises how the performance to the audience keeps him trapped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)