• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

text books (1 Viewer)

*fkr

HSC
i was wondering what you'd reccomend as a supplement 4u text book if my school uses arnold and patel... i wanted to start looking at some of the stuff these hols

justchillin

HSC
Arnold and patel should just about cover it... the only other one id suggest mabye is terry lee or coroneous. Lee has great complex no's, especially argand diagram problems and coroneous has a quality cover of the course although I don't know if you can buy the book these days.. hope that helps!:)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, get coroneous, on first inspection it may look 'amatuerish' as many at my school think but the substance is in fact brilliant! patel and arnold shud do a pretty gud job....steer clear of the excel ones but, patel's guide and geha's summary

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Those two are pretty good textbooks, although personally I prefered exercises from Arnold as I found them to be more difficult (at least the ones near the end of the exercise set). Just make sure you do plenty of the simple exercises to minimise silly errors, and sufficient difficult questions at the end of the set so that you are ready for the HSC.

Personally I don't like Coroneous, the font gets irritating to look at after a while. I suppose they offer good exercise to practice on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)