• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Texts for Journeys (1 Viewer)

mkv_86

HSC
I'm currently studying early for prelims and i know that the AOS for my school is journeys but my teachers havent confirmed which texts they will be selecting. I want to ensure myself to be prepared for any texts anyway so does any1 know any good texts for journeys?

Much thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

andrew12678

HSC
In my opinion, all of the AoS electives Journeys, Belonging, Discovery are quite similar in the sense that it's a process which usually pertains to a transformation of self, so what I would recommend doing is basically getting your hands on the Journey rubrics which your school uses (you can really just look up the AoS Journeys from ages ago as your school will most likely copy this or you can ask a student from the grade above for their copy) and then deconstruct it and think of questions they can ask (you can also look up past HSC AoS journey questions) and try and see what kind of thesis you are going to argue about (but this is hard without prescribed texts so try and find one what you have and read it). Other than that, there really isn't too much worth going ahead on, I would recommend spending time on Maths and Science as you know exactly what's going to be assessed

SuperAltastic

HSC
I'm currently studying early for prelims and i know that the AOS for my school is journeys but my teachers havent confirmed which texts they will be selecting. I want to ensure myself to be prepared for any texts anyway so does any1 know any good texts for journeys?

Much thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Selecting related texts is often not thought through by many students, people may select them just to get by. However I recommend you select a related text which you can use for journeys and discovery next year as well. I recommend you try find out if your text next year will be the same or different. If you can't its okay try select a text which covers many parts of the journey as well as discovery rubrics, this way when you analyse it this year you can reuse the same analysis next year and add depth to it, giving you an early start in year 12 which is always great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)