The downside of Rudd's stimulus package (2 Viewers)

impervious182

HSC
"It’s wonderful how Kevin Rudd’s spend-spend-spend handouts are bringing poor families together:
ALCOHOLIC parents are driving hundreds of kilometres to dry Aboriginal communities to reclaim their previously abandoned children so they can legitimately claim welfare bonuses, a senior Kimberley indigenous leader claims."

From Andrew Bolt.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
alexdore993 said:
"It’s wonderful how Kevin Rudd’s spend-spend-spend handouts are bringing poor families together:
ALCOHOLIC parents are driving hundreds of kilometres to dry Aboriginal communities to reclaim their previously abandoned children so they can legitimately claim welfare bonuses, a senior Kimberley indigenous leader claims."

From Andrew Bolt.

I've already said it before, apart from the money being used to buy plasmas, it would put an increase in alcohol sales.

:devil:

impervious182

HSC
A few humerous, if not sneering, comments reproduced:

Hecate said:
We’ve always loved them really, it’s just we felt that we couldn’t give them the best in life. And, we’ve got numerous tatts and piercings to prove our devotion.

DECODED.
We didn’t realise that the little suckers had any value.

(Off-stage) Hail to the Krudd - the source of all welfare goodness - his imprisonment in the back-seat of a Volkswagen was not in vain.
Blair said:
I thought there were no abandoned Aboriginal children...only stolen ones.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
alexdore993 said:

From Andrew Bolt.
We get your point, Every hour you make a new anti-Rudd thread,
Just stfu no-one cares what you think.

(Waits for the reply.. "No-one cares what you think too...")

impervious182

HSC
Omium said:
We get your point, Every hour you make a new anti-Rudd thread,
Just stfu no-one cares what you think.

(Waits for the reply.. "No-one cares what you think too...")
Nah, as if I'd reply with that.

No one cares what you think either. Yeah, that sounds nicer.

True, that I don't like Rudd and most of his policies are just idiotic. However I disagree with a few of Turnbull's too and I don't want Costello to lead the Liberals either. So politically I'm quite neutral at the moment; the reason Rudd gets most of my criticism is because he's the one in power actually implementing his policies. His decisions effect lives, so why shouldn't they receive the weight of scrutiny?

Australia, in my opinion, needs a new leader who is passionate about their views. Rather than Rudd and Turnbull who are both experienced politicians, but who change their views at a whim depending on public moods. That's the sign of a bad leader, I think. A good PM should lead because he passionately believes what he is doing is right for Australia, not because he thinks it will win him votes. Unlike Bush though, he needs to be able to listen and be open to all views as well... however he needs a vision.

As much as I dislike Whitlam as an economic manager. He was a good leader in this sense, and I admire his real passion to implement change. Unfortunately he brought in his policies much too quickly.

Last edited:

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
alexdore993 said:

True, that I don't like Rudd and most of his policies are just idiotic. However I disagree with a few of Turnbull's too and I don't want Costello to lead the Liberals either. So politically I'm quite neutral at the moment; the reason Rudd gets most of my criticism is because he's the one in power actually implementing his policies. His decisions effect lives, so why shouldn't they receive the weight of scrutiny?

Australia, in my opinion, needs a new leader who is passionate about their views. Rather than Rudd and Turnbull who are both experienced politicians, but who change their views at a whim depending on public moods. That's the sign of a bad leader, I think. A good PM should lead because he passionately believes what he is doing is right for Australia, not because he thinks it will win him votes. Unlike Bush though, he needs to be able to listen and be open to all views as well... however he needs a vision.

As much as I dislike Whitlam as an economic manager. He was a good leader in this sense, and I admire his real passion to implement change. Unfortunately he brought in his policies much too quickly.
I agree on the Whitlam being good leader...

But you have to remember that politics is a two-fold struggle. You have to find a balance between getting done what you want to get done, and staying in power so that you can get more of what you want done. If we had a leader who came in all guns blazing with a massive plan to change the world... tax super-high income earners, bugger the Coal Industry and make massive changes in the way Energy is created and regulated in this country... do you really think that they would be around after the following election?

And while I don't agree with some of Rudd's policies, I can see why he's been so tentative and undirected in the last few months... it's because he got done everything he had promised to do in the election in the first few months, and now he's just trying to understand the job and the idea of being in power. Remember Labor hasn't been in power since the early 90's.

banco55

HSC
alexdore993 said:

Funny you should bring up whitlam who as you noted was a totally incompetent economic manager. I'd far prefer a cynical technocrat as PM then some wild eyed ideologue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)