The Individual and Society- Placing Bets for the 7th! (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What types of questions do you think we will get for the individual and society...

An essay and a creative, or two essays (like the 2001 paper)?

What type of creative?

What do you think the essay will focus on?

Well, considering that we have already had an article and a speech in advanced and change, I'd rule those out. And since last year's was from the perspective of a character from the prescribed texts, they maybe won't do that this year... maybe we could be asked to write from the perspective of a related text character? In diary format perhaps (that's what we got in our trials) or perhaps letters? Or maybe a short story related to I&S?

I hope the essay question is on values.

What do you guys think?

Jinglebell

HSC
second your values for the essay, ash...although maybe they'll completely surprise us and give us two creatives this year:p after the 2u papers i'm sorta hoping the questions will be just as open to interpretation.

uh, lets see, we haven't had anything resembling a letter yet, so i'd be putting money on that...although i wuld hope it would be from a character's perspective, partly because that was out 1/2 yearly and partly because i have the 'austen voice' nearly perfected:) oh, and i hope they don't give a completely biased starting phrase like last year, you couldn't possibly have anyone in Austen saying "who says your way is right"!

if anything's from a related text perspective i think i'd be slightly screwed, although i guess i could do something from tess...but i doubt they'd do that anyway *prays*

meh, i guess it can't be much worse than the other two papers, especially since i much prefer I&S to anything from advanced.

Hollie

it would be unlikely to be asked to write from a related text character wouldnt it? I mean- ppl could just make up a source....

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
ohh geez i hate trying to predict exams!!

i am soo screwed for i&S. its all a load of bull anyhow!! as if the composer woke up one morning and went "hmm i am disgruntled by the world. i will compose a text being sure to interweave religious, economic, scientific and philisophical paradigmsn into to it to portray an individual either in contrast or in acceptance of society.

ahhhh brain overlaod. oh well bio and pdhpe first so sorry eng ext ur gonna have to wait!

ilovemrchips

well think carefullly folks

for the advanced paper we've had:
narrative
speech
essay
essay
educational article (ie. essay)

yep, i think they may pull the cruel thing on us and shove two non-essays in our face

possible text types:
letter
feature article
discussion/debate/interview
journal

and judging from the fact that in all honesty, the 2U exam wasn't unreasonable or actually difficult (i hafta admit it, even if i didn't do that well) my teachers have said to brace yourself for a more rigorous exam

Afro

Creul thing if we have 2 essay id be cheering!! Watch for da dude dat goes crazy wif joy at da examz...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
2 essays would be great because you could use similar textual analysis for both of them one would assume lol. Hence almost rewritting the same essay twice with different contentions lol... because there is only really so much they can ask with I&S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)