• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the most popular textbook (3 Viewers)

The textbook i used most or loved was:

• arnold/Cambridge

Votes: 72 47.4%
  • advanced maths by terry lee

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • fitzpatrick

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • coroneus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • patels excel book

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • patels other textbook (the blue one)

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • other

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
We use both.. the blue Patel one and the Arnold one... the Arnold's a biiitch!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if your really good and confident coroneus is the best (a quarter of the textbook isnt even in the syllabus ...:) ) ... but the arnold book is pretty good ...

Twintip

Knox uses the blue Patel one (the dad of a guy in our year wrote it) and we use the green Cambridge 3u book for the 3u part of the course.

N

ND

I'm using the T. Lee one, i've seen most of the others and this seems to be the best (havn't seen cambridge yet, i've ordered it though).

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i use the Coroneus - its good, but most of the stuff isnt needed LOL.

cambridge is also good =)
i dont think there is ONE good textbook for ANY subject... just get your hands on a few resources

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out

well i've got da book but not the worked solutions... :mad: why don't u post it up to bos.
because it would take too long to scan and I don't have a scanner. Plus each topic has something like 60 pages of worked solutions, multiply that by 8 and that's 480 pages!.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

because it would take too long to scan and I don't have a scanner. Plus each topic has something like 60 pages of worked solutions, multiply that by 8 and that's 480 pages!.
we could start a business selling maths solutions ... :p

Rahul

Dead Member
we r using arnold...u heard rite...not the book:p:p, but she is our teacher.....i guess thats a good thing.

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
this could be just me, but does anyone else think the cambridge is harder than most of the other books? i did the past hsc paper on complex numbers, and their hardest problem is no where near as complex as the cambridge book.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Capulet
this could be just me, but does anyone else think the cambridge is harder than most of the other books? i did the past hsc paper on complex numbers, and their hardest problem is no where near as complex as the cambridge book.
Yes I agree, the cambridge textbook is the hardest of them all, that's why you need worked solutions to some of the really hard problems (because only answers are supplied in the back of the book).

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Capulet
what? have you been doing q2 of the past hsc papers ... i mean q7 and q8 complex numbers are significantly harder (conceptually and algebraically) than question in the cambridge (even the further questions) ... just try last year (2002) complex number question 7(b) and if you can do that, then ignore what i have just said ...

have you used the coroneous textbook ... have a look at those complex number questions ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
or 75/25 my way :gridnod: :cool:
thats perfect ... oh, but under one condition: you provide the photocopier, the paper, the solutions and mailing ... hows that ...:D :) :p

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

thats perfect ... oh, but under one condition: you provide the photocopier, the paper, the solutions and mailing ... hows that ...:D :) :p
yeah, and you can be the marketer :D ;) :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)