the near east: Society in Israel from Solomon to the fall of Samaria (1 Viewer)

lindi1

HSC
any one else doing this one??? i need some help... on these couple of points...

i know that they prolly wont be in the 2007 hsc, but i just want them...errrr

Crafts and Industry
Wood

Stone

Mining

Metal

Death

Burial

Art and Architecture

Writing and literature: biblical narrative and Samarian Ostracon

Occupations

and

Importance of the Jerusalem Temple

please help me if u can!!:D:D

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
lindi1 said:
any one else doing this one??? i need some help... on these couple of points...

i know that they prolly wont be in the 2007 hsc, but i just want them...errrr

Crafts and Industry
Wood

Stone

Mining

Metal

Death

Burial

Art and Architecture

Occupations

and

please help me if u can!!:D:D

The biblical narrative of the Old Testament is an accurate chronicle following the lives of the Kings of Isarael. The writer provided us with this story though a sweeping narrative that corroborated with a number of Ancient sources. Those sources include the tablet stone found in Syria (?) and the Assyrian Black Obelsk (sp) depicting Jehu's submission. Unlike historians of today's standard, the writers of the biblical narrative avoid writing soci-economics features (?) and work to highlight personal character of men and women whilst focusing on the working of the Lord in Israel.
Evidence of this approach surfaces (?) in the study of Omri. In the book of Kings Omri is only given 6 (or actually 7 i think it was) verses concluding with a statemnt explaining that he had committed more sin than any other king before him. If we were to only take this source to build a picture of Omri we would be presented with the picture that Omri was only a minor character in the history of Israel. However, other ancient sources depict Omri as an ambitious king who made the land of Israel economically flourish and spread its boarders to much of its lost territories. In reality, this image was not forward as it did not fit with the intentions of the Book of Kings writer.

The importance of the Jerusalem Temple in this period is that it was meant to be the one temple at which all the tribes of Israel would worship at etc. After the separation into the two kingdoms, Jeroboam (souterhn Kingdom king...i think?) outlawed traveling to the Solomonic temple in Jerusalem. Because of this he set up two shrines in Dan and Bethel.who built another temple in the Southern Kingdom. The idea of two temples was seen to go against the monotheisistic idea of Yawehism and that the one temple was the epitome of yaweh on earth. The two temples in the south meant separating Yahweh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)