the new 2003 syllabus (1 Viewer)

sugarboy

SIR3N.COM
HSC
Damn I wish that the jacaranda site have updates on their physics that tells us which page from their textbook is not in the syllabus. Because I dont wanna waste time studying junk that will not appear in my test. I'm gald that excel have done that, but their physic textbook sucks. lol, oh well maybe if they got enough complaints or suggestions for an update on their website, that we might get one. :argue:

:D

kini mini

HSC
Well, I think that Jacaranda had more info than was required last year anyway. So I always studied with syllabus on one side and text on the other, making notes to the dot points.

Anyway with the massive reductions in silly dotpoints this year I think you people have nothing to complain about :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
all have to say is lucky, lucky, lcuky, 2003 physics students and on wards ... but then again if our (2002) syllabus was any shorter i still wouldnt have done my elective (quanta to quarks) ...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Bon
Touche, kini mini! :)
Thanks bon, hope I didn't scare him off though :p

all have to say is lucky, lucky, lcuky, 2003 physics students and on wards ... but then again if our (2002) syllabus was any shorter i still wouldnt have done my elective (quanta to quarks) ...
Q2Q had a ridiculous amount of work in it, especially the standard model bits at the end that are gone now. Not that it stopped them testing us on it. But it had the advantage for me last year that it had a large overlap with Chemistry of Art.

sugarboy

SIR3N.COM
HSC
That Sucks, I have to do Q2Q at school

My teacher is only capable of teaching, quanta to quarks LOL... Will it be possible for me to do another elective from an outside source and still sit in the exam for that elective? Cause I have a reiable tutor.

If Q2Q is not the best choice, what is? I dont like medical physics.

kini mini

HSC
Re: That Sucks, I have to do Q2Q at school

Originally posted by sugarboy
My teacher is only capable of teaching, quanta to quarks LOL... Will it be possible for me to do another elective from an outside source and still sit in the exam for that elective? Cause I have a reiable tutor.

If Q2Q is not the best choice, what is? I dont like medical physics.
You might end up doing even more work that way as you'd have to do Q2Q in your school trials. Personally I wouldn't go to that much trouble to avoid Q2Q, IMO it wasn't *that* bad. With the revised syllabus it's easier too :).

NSBHSchoolie

We've only done the Space topic so far, but I found the best way to study was to stick to the syllabus, and write notes to each dot point. Take information from as many sources as you can, for example, the Jacaranda text book, the Excel text book, the CSU site, and all the sheets we get in class.

That way, you can read many different perspectives on each dot point and only have to remember the useful stuff, and filter out the bonus crap the Jacaranda textbook is filled with, and the weird stuff in the Excel.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by NSBHSchoolie
We've only done the Space topic so far, but I found the best way to study was to stick to the syllabus, and write notes to each dot point. Take information from as many sources as you can, for example, the Jacaranda text book, the Excel text book, the CSU site, and all the sheets we get in class.

That way, you can read many different perspectives on each dot point and only have to remember the useful stuff, and filter out the bonus crap the Jacaranda textbook is filled with, and the weird stuff in the Excel.
Excellent advice. I and others have said it before but I don't everyone gets it or can be bothered.

Welcome to the forums btw :)

needtostudy

well i dont think much text books are going to release a new textbook according to the new syllabus as i believe its going to change again next year, hence they don't want to waste time and effort to write new books. The syllabus atm is shaky but our year will stick to that syllabus while next year should have a new syllabus if what i heard is true.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the csu site ... isnt that the charles sturt university website?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by NSBHSchoolie
Thanks kini mini.

And the csu website doesn't have motors and generators, grrr.
No problem :)

Jacaranda's motors and generators section is pretty good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)