• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

'The Pacific' trailer (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Here is HBO's official trailer for 'The Pacific' which is to be released in March 2010, not 2009 as Channel Seven has stated eariler this year due to the financial crisis currently occuring. I wonder how many more Marines who fought in World War Two will pass away before they show this. Anyway, here it is. (warning that there is a sex scene in it but nothing is seen explicitly)

YouTube - HBO - The Pacific Trailer HD 1080p

I think, the Channel Seven trailer was better than this one.

Apparently I've read that they're going to show a scene with the Australian coastwatchers in there. Finally Australia is going to get some recognition!

Kittikhun

HSC
The trailer provided doesn't work. Here is a new one from HBO removing the sex scene which I guess many veterans were angered by. They replaced the scene with Isabel Lucas. Anyways.

YouTube - The Pacific:Trailer (HBO)

Semper Fidelis.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Been a long time coming tbh after Band of Brothers.

zingerburger

HSC
Sucks that it's been delayed. I've just finished watching Band of Brothers and it's got me hyped for this again. World War III will have already come and gone if it gets delayed any further.

Kittikhun

HSC
Actually it was to be released this year as shown on that Channel Seven trailer that HBO always removes but due to the financial crisis they had to postpone the release for March 2010. Hoepfully Channel Seven will air 'The Pacific' the same time HBO does.

I recommend you guys read Eugene B. Sledge's memoir With The Old Breed if you can't wait. It's a fantastic book (best book I've read in my life after To Kill a Mockingbird) and it's being used in the mini-series.

Welcome to Dymocks Online. More for Booklovers.

'So what do you believe in?'
'I believe in ammunition.'

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
BOB was fantastic. This looks good as well. Though from the trailer I see a more significant romance plot in it as well. Which may or may not be a good thing. We'll see. The only "romance" BOB had was Tom Hardy having some love time with a fraulein.

Lookin' forward to it. Wonder how many acting careers Spielberg will jumpstart after this one.

Kittikhun

HSC
Yep, there is going to be a romance plot in it. One of the main characters named John Basilone who was the Marine you saw in the trailer receiving the Medal of Honor in the MCG for his actions in Guadalcanal marries a female Marine named Lena Basilone (the one in the wedding dress with John Basilone in the trailer). In the old trailer we see them naked on a bed and we see Lena taking off her Marine service uniform in the mirror a couple of montage shots after that. HBO just can't help itself in showing sex scenes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)