'The Picture of Dorian Gray' (1 Viewer)

hugglesforyou

HSC
hey, i was wondering if any of you guys have done 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde as a supplementary text for the Individual and Society? If so, could you explain some of the paradigms existent? because Im finding it hard atm to decide on my texts, coz there are soooo many to choose from.

tell me ANYTHING bout it!

(btw, im doing Pride and Prejudice, North and South and A Doll's House for core texts)

thnx, much appreciated.:)

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I had the same core texts as you!!!

I did 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' in prelim, some paradigms are anti-religion as the yellow book he has is a reference to his sexual innuendo atm.
The portrait shows the aesthetic desires of himself and society through the portrait demonstrates the superficial nature of society.
The murder and guilt which sends him mad at the end represents societys restraints and constrictions regarding crime.
His use of Laudnum and visits to opium dens is explicitly details societys problems.

I have some ref and a booklet of notes photocopied notes that i could give to your for a nominal fee.

clarisse.d

HSC
pooney! fancy seeing you here, and I'm not replying because i know anythign about Dorian Gray... i'm looking around if there are any common themes with a doll's house and pride and prejudice. anywho, twas good seeing you at the opera house the other day. and if huggles for you isn't pooney, then i'm sorry for freaking you out.

clarisse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)