The Road Not Taken (1 Viewer)

Egghead

HSC
Through this year I've been using this text as one of my resources for any essays related to journies and related texts. Although, my teacher always refused to study it because it has been done to death and she can't stand it. Is this any reason not to do it, I'm really not in the mood to figure out another hypothesis and crap for Monday. I usually do alright in my essays though 10-14 out of 20 for Yr12 assesments.

Thanks.

lilems13

All it means is that there will probably be heaps of people doing it, and therefore it will be harder to get good marks for it comparitively.

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
the road not taken has been in the syllabus for the past 20 years

unless you can stand out of the crowd with tremendus depth in analysis on forms and features of language, i recommend you not to do it in your hsc due to its popularity, therefore higher marks are hard to come by

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I like this poem; it really makes you think! Maybe too much; what if I contemplated about it; for like the whole exam?? Freaky just thinking bout it!

Emily Anne

Road not taken

This IS an interesting poem. Yes is does make you think!! it is about all the different life choices that you may take. Do you think that we should be able to go back and travel the other road someday?

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Yeah..I wish we could! How bout we go in our dreams?! He He :D

Will Hunting

HSC
He he... In your dreams, PiNkPiXiE! But, nah, that poem really touched me, too. It takes you to such exhilarating depths when you start to daydream about what could have happened and how different things could be now... Alot of poems are beautiful like that - they take you to so many different levels that you seem to lose track.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
hmm; I really like poetry, especially when you can relate to what its saying! :uhhuh:

ishq

brown?
HSC
Its completely boring if you use the traditional synopsis. However, it can be taken an entirely different way. Try and derive some new meanings from it. That way, your response will be entirely original.

:D

ishq

brown?
HSC
I just realised that the dude who asked gave his HSC last year.
:D

s0k0y0e0

HSC
He he, that's funny! I just relised when you wrote it then! :p

Glenn198718

goan_crazy said:
lol egghead, I go 2 that dudes school this year
they didn't even teach us the road not taken...
everyone does it and markers apparently "groan" every time they see it...
yeah they probably would because its been around for so long. Its the poem i know the best so i think i shall use that one. I like it and i think i can write some good shit about it so thats the one i am using....

HSC
N/A
fullmetaljacket said:
I personally think that no matter what text you do, they shouldn't be able to mark you down for the sheer fact that "everyone else is doing it".
Welcome to the HSC. It's not fair. Life isn't fair. It's subjective. Markers are human and they get bored to death reading the same kind of thing over and over again.

To the original poster - if it's the only stimulus text you know well and the exam is tomorrow, just stick with it. For any others that have a choice, I strongly suggest you NOT do the state's most overdone stimulus text. As mentioned above, and year after year, it's difficult to get good marks unless you do it really well.

HSC
I personally think that no matter what text you do, they shouldn't be able to mark you down for the sheer fact that "everyone else is doing it".

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Egghead said:
Through this year I've been using this text as one of my resources for any essays related to journies and related texts. Although, my teacher always refused to study it because it has been done to death and she can't stand it. Is this any reason not to do it, I'm really not in the mood to figure out another hypothesis and crap for Monday. I usually do alright in my essays though 10-14 out of 20 for Yr12 assesments.

Thanks.
lol egghead, I go 2 that dudes school this year
they didn't even teach us the road not taken...
everyone does it and markers apparently "groan" every time they see it...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I am doing it, but mainly bcoz it works with the other texts I have, my teacher said the same thing but said to me, if you understand it best and know it well do it...no point doing something u dont know purely because you worry everyone else will choose it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)