The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris_S

HSC
Do you guys think Federer has a really good chance of winning the US? Im still not certain though if he can but I think Murray is a definite contender for the championship!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you guys think Federer has a really good chance of winning the US? Im still not certain though if he can but I think Murray is a definite contender for the championship!
Roger is done winning slams off grass (too easily upset - see USO12-14 where he lost to Berdych, Robredo and Cilic) and even on grass, he looks done winning Wimbledon too.

I think Andy is the only guy who can challenge Novak.

Chris_S

HSC
What about Stan? And Nishikori on hard is pretty damaging as well!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I think Andy is the only guy who can challenge Novak.
I called it.

Murray def. Djokovic in Montreal finals.

Olderer basically saved Djokovic from versing Murray at Wimbledon (Murray has a 2-0 H2H against Djokovic on grass, while Federer now has a losing 1-2 H2H against Djokovic on grass)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Bloody hell, I was hoping for a Nadal-Djokovic QF at the USO.

Nadal lost in 5 sets after leading 2 sets to love and was a break up in the 3rd...

Chris_S

HSC
Djokovic's half of the draw looks pretty easy now! I think Paire the way he is playing could cause another upset though if they meet!

go_cadel

HSC
MEN's SEMIS tomorrow, starting at 7am AEST. Djokovic vs Cilic first up, followed by Federer vs Wawrinka. (both on Arthur Ashe )
Djokovic and Federer are pretty heavy favourites according to bookmakers, I expect both matches to be closer than predicted though.
Going with Djokovic in 5, with the last set being 6-1, and Federer in 4 tight sets.
That should leave things quite evenly poised for the final.

Chris_S

HSC
I think Cilic may beat Djokovic! The way Cilic is playing and coming out of a tough 5 setter with Tsonga he might have the belief and mental edge that could pull him through a hard match against Novak! In the other semi final I cannot see Federer losing the match and not even a set I think he will win quite comfortable! They way he is playing and the way he has demolished inform players like Gasquet in this tournament, I cannot see him losing and think he will win the title!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
MEN's SEMIS tomorrow, starting at 7am AEST. Djokovic vs Cilic first up, followed by Federer vs Wawrinka. (both on Arthur Ashe )
Djokovic and Federer are pretty heavy favourites according to bookmakers, I expect both matches to be closer than predicted though.
Going with Djokovic in 5, with the last set being 6-1, and Federer in 4 tight sets.
That should leave things quite evenly poised for the final.
I think Cilic may beat Djokovic! The way Cilic is playing and coming out of a tough 5 setter with Tsonga he might have the belief and mental edge that could pull him through a hard match against Novak! In the other semi final I cannot see Federer losing the match and not even a set I think he will win quite comfortable! They way he is playing and the way he has demolished inform players like Gasquet in this tournament, I cannot see him losing and think he will win the title!
Given how Djokovic has dropped sets to RBA and Lopez, Cilic could push him to 4 or 5.

I wouldn't underestimate Wawrinka - he straight setted Roger at the French Open this year (I guess fast HC is better than clay for Roger but still, Stan is deadly on any surface).

If it's a Djokovic v Federer final, Djokovic is most likely to win (Novak has denied Federer 2 Wimbledon titles - this year and last year) so I'm not sure if I want Djokovic to be in the final as a Federer fan.

A Cilic v Wawrinka final would be interesting...

Fed's form fluctuates heaps. Against Murray at Wimbledon 2015, he looked unbeatable then against Djokovic (who he lost to), he showed signs of Elderer.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Given how Djokovic has dropped sets to RBA and Lopez, Cilic could push him to 4 or 5.

I wouldn't underestimate Wawrinka - he straight setted Roger at the French Open this year (I guess fast HC is better than clay for Roger but still, Stan is deadly on any surface).

If it's a Djokovic v Federer final, Djokovic is most likely to win (Novak has denied Federer 2 Wimbledon titles - this year and last year) so I'm not sure if I want Djokovic to be in the final as a Federer fan.

A Cilic v Wawrinka final would be interesting...

Fed's form fluctuates heaps. Against Murray at Wimbledon 2015, he looked unbeatable then against Djokovic (who he lost to), he showed signs of Elderer.
lmao

integral95

HSC
Ya Clilic had an ankle injury sadly, but ofc Djoker was in a supreme form.

But holy shit I didn't expect Federer to win in straight sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)