Thesis/speech For Belonging (1 Viewer)

cupcakes91

HSC
Hey guys,

Once again, its the night befor my english speech on BELONGING is to be presented and i havent started (due to personal issues that have arised-that obvisouly i wont be disclosing with you)
but heres the question/what the speech is on-

"you are to present a speech of 4-5 mins in which you discuss your personal veiw of belonging. Your task is to demonstrate your understanding by analysing your set text (as you like it by william shakespeare) and two texts of your own choosing. You should exmaine the content and structure of all texts"

Only i am serisouyl at a mental block.
i dont even have a thesis.

heres a few i came up with/that i might use, if you could help me decide a thesis ill atleast get started, and if you know or can reccomend any related texts that ould work with my thesis,please let me know!

I understand that many of you wont being doing as you like it, but i can pull so many things from belonging from it, so thats not an issue, its just getting started that im finding the hardest. :confused:

anyways

"a sense of belonging comes from the sense of identity and place" -(this one ive been told is a little cliche)

"an instrinsic sense of belonging transcends all physical connections"

"an inner sense of connection leads to the extrenal sense of belonging"

if your could help me choose one/suggest one/help me elaborate on one ill be forever faithful lol.

seriously im epic failing right now. :uhoh:

much love

xxxxxxx

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
Create a thesis statement which you prove throughout your speech using your set/related texts. It's as simple as that.

Don't drift away from the main argument you present.

Don't forget techniques!

bored of sc

HSC
cupcakes91 said:
thanks for that :)
Also look at the marking criteria and understand what is needed to achieve an A range response.

Finally, answer the question/stimulus etc. Make sure you cover all aspects of the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)