thinking of dropping society! (1 Viewer)

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
ATM I'm doing English adv, mathematics, legal, society, accounting, and business. I am thinking about dropping society subject as I am more interested in focussing on my other subjects that will be more likely to scale me up, The PIP will take to much time out of the time i need for the more important subjects. Should I or shouldn't I? Help! Only got a week to decide!

Last edited:

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
hmm that's up to u..business scaling is lower than s&c as BOS had shown. i think S&C is quite easy but what people stress about is the PIP i guess..
they start to freak out..like my self because i dont have a topic yet.
beside i think PIP don't take that much if u have a topic to concentrate on then u just go with the flow i guess..

MiSSi

i think you should keep it as you have 12 units now. keep society as a backup incase you don't do well. if you continue doing your pip you won't have that much to do. just remember don't forget about it. the pip won't take that much time just focus on it during the holidays or on weekends. if you do well in society it will scale you up. its up to you to decide.

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
society and culture is a good subject! But eh... its up to you i guess. if you think the whole, "PIP" thing is a big deal, i have 3 major works this year... so dont stress... i'm not...

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
depending if you're confident with the 10 units you will have-drop it! i dropped sac at the end of last year because of the pip....seemed like so much work! but it is definately do-able (as thousands of students have since hsc started :p)

frazzle

HSC
i have 3 majorworks as well, and i haven't started my pip at all... i keep changing ideas! maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do since i do everythign last minute...

i'm thinking of dropping society, i have 13 units right now, but my dilemma is whether to drop this or chem!

why do you only have a week left to decide? i'd say keep it unless you really think it's too much work.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Safiya
ATM I'm doing English adv, mathematics, legal, society, accounting, and business.

Are you kidding? Business is the worst scaling subject there is. And let's not talking about Accounting and Legal Studies.

Check the main BOS website on the scale means of the subjects before deciding whether you should drop this simple, and easy subject.

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Safiya
ATM I'm doing English adv, mathematics, legal, society, accounting, and business. I am thinking about dropping society subject as I am more interested in focussing on my other subjects that will be more likely to scale me up, The PIP will take to much time out of the time i need for the more important subjects. Should I or shouldn't I? Help! Only got a week to decide!
Society sucks. My class if full of people who think their opinions matter or think others care about what they think (damn that makes me sound like a bastard, dunnit?). I wish I could drop it, but I want to keep 12 units. The work is kinda boring too.

Anyways, depending on the topic and how much you work on it you could have your PIP done fairly quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)