Those doing B Science... (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
How come when I enter the program code it says...

"Science and Mathematics"

WTF!!!! I PICKED B SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, was it possible to do a B Science/B Science(Computer Science) ?

Because I didn't see the offer for that as a combined degree and am wondering whether it was or still is possible to do it..

Thanks!

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
yeah mine says science and mathematics as well, but i think its just b science still.
oh yeah is physics a compulsary subject for all science students, even though my major doent need physics?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yeah I just looked, it's an elective that I can do. It's COMP1101. Is that the same is Computer Science?

Would be great if I could do it.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
well all i know is that u can do B Science (major in Computer science), to do this u have to choose certain combination of subjects...go look at this document and look at page 12:

http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/about/handbook2004/Chapter 3 - Undergraduate Tables1.pdf

yeah, page 12 shows the subjects u need to take for this major. another thing to note is that u can do 2 majors for science degree, so u can do an other major on top of computer science....i know the above document is for USYD, but UNSW shuld b similiar i reckon. :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
for all first year student doing a science course. do we all share the same lecture for a particular course? Like Medical science students and Science students both do Bio1001 or something, will be in the same lecture, tutorial, etc??

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes. Anyone from any program enrolled in a subject will be sharing it with anybody else who is enrolled in it.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
Yes. Anyone from any program enrolled in a subject will be sharing it with anybody else who is enrolled in it.

hmm...yeah, but since tutorials are much smaller u might find that ya friend might not come to those (unless he timetables for that). :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I thought you have the same people in your tutorial every time. like in high school, those 20 people doing advanced english will always be in the same class regardless of whether there are 200 students doing advanced english in the school?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes thats right.....you're with the 20 people that enrolled in the same tutorial as you when they enrolled using myUNSW.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
Yes thats right.....you're with the 20 people that enrolled in the same tutorial as you when they enrolled using myUNSW.
so yeah, if u want to b wif ya friend doing the same course- then make sure u enrol in the same tutorial. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)