Thoughts: Bladerunner (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
My school is starting with Module A: Texts in Time, and were comparing Blade Runner w/ Frankenstein

So we've just finished watching blade runner and our teacher is just giving us different notes about the movie which pretty much say the same things in different words. With these notes were suppose to just highlight and make our own little notes.

Anyways after the movie i didnt really get much out of it, the movie itself isnt all that bad but i feel like im lacking understanding of it.

So my point is:

• Are you doing the same?
  • What are the outcomes of this module suppose to be?
  • What are your thoughts of bladerunner?
BOS Resources have limited notes on this comparision.
Any notes or whatnot would be greatly appreciated

--PS: Who hates english:chainsaw:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
OK, here are some key things that you might wanna consider about Blade Runner

- What is the state of the world of LA 2019?
- Who is more 'human'? The humans or Replicants? What makes them more human than the other species?
- What is the role of science in this world? How has it resulted in this bleak vision of a dystopic cyberpunk world? How does Scott portray this vision of a bleak world?
- Remember this module is Comparative Study of Texts, and the elective is Texts in Time - hence context is an integral part of this module. You need to link the ideas of the film (and eventually novel), to their respective contexts. What year was BR directed? What were some concerns at that time? Some ideas - environmental degradation, economic rationalism, genetic engineering etc.

Rage01

HSC
yeah what you want to do is see how contextual influences have shaped the composition of the texts.

The most obvious of which would be the natural environment - Frankenstein constantly reiterates the sublimity of nature whereas Scott shows how urbanisation has destroyed the landscape.

Like Aerath mentioned, you could also talk about humanity of replicants compared to the monster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)