• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Thread to all those who did Ext 2 In 2003 (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Congratulations to all...

...seems our time in this forum is almost up...i can see the year 11 invasion already starting....

a final hurrah to those who struggled...who cried...who strained...and finally who produced what i am sure will be one of the best batches of major works for years to come!!

...peace AsyLum

Jinglebell

HSC
awww...GROUP HUG!!!!

*sob* i'm gonna miss you guys...delirium will never be the same again after those fateful late nights...damn year 11 invasion...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
The wheel is come full circle

It's an interesting time, one of transition, being displaced, and as such becoming part of the great chain of Extension 2 being, one that I'm joined in, or will be joined in by all of you. While the subject has caused me much stress throughout the year, it remains my favourite, being a source for much independent creative thought, reading many new texts, and more importantly, improving my writing style and self-confidence.

I sincerely hope that it has been a beneficial experience for the other members of 2003 Extension English 2. (And good luck to those undertaking it this year. Start early.)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I can't believe it's all over and the yr 11s are invading!!! We certainly have shared a lot together on this board over the past year, it's been good. Best of luck to the 2003-ers with their exams.... everything is changing (insert change related groan here)... hey and we might even stick around and have reunions on here and help out the yr 11s.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I think the next hit will be the new Year 12's asking about concepts and proposals...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehehe its been one of those years hasnt it... concepts and proposals hehe interesting concept although i must say i would prefer to be writing so time consuming and extended that i would want to be the one who came up with the idea/basis for the work for fear of coming to a complete halt ....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm trying to decide... should we help the Yr 11's or try to defend our board from their muddy paws lol....

I suppose we should help, but I can't seem to remember many 02's helping us lol.

It's been good *sob*..... we've got some memories

-Sparkly afro wigs
-Due date hysterics
-Excessive amounts of caffiene consumption
-All nighters shared together
-Unhappiness with completed works dwelled upon together
-Trying to start our MWs... as the due date was encroaching.... together

*sob*

lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
im up for it :D

...defend our territory :|....

sounds like a plan...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yes, we shall claim the board back when it's time to recieve our judgement from those above.... big virtual party time lol (our last virtual part was a wee bit of a flop though lol).

narrator

HSC
N/A
that would mean statistics are in our favour, ther's bound to be a good one sooner or later...

i intend to stay, confuse the new batch, "no, don't worry about the journal, oh but it is marked, and if you write a critical response you have to actually criticise, be very negative, markers like that"

i'll be here for the reunion for sure, by then we'll be able to post up our works

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
w00t ... so when shall we initiate Operation Reinhar....err i mean Operation Get Our Board Back :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
RAM OK....
ROM OK....

System Starting....Memory Check....Passed
...Loading Auxiliary Power...Confirmed
...Loading Mission Statistics....Confirmed
...Full System Power Up....Confirmed

...System Functional...

...Year 11: Sighted...
...Information: Year 11....Enemy....Destroy!!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Poor Yr 11's... go and put the links to your MW in the Showcase post, so we can maintain our mark on the board!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Boy, that party.. Much virtual debauchery was to be had.. The arrivals, the posting, the inebriated antics, fun times. It's an interesting quandry actually, whether we help or hinder our juniors.. One that should surely be debated in Ethics courses all over the nation.

2004 Philosophy Exam.

Answer two questions from this section;

1.)You're on holiday, on the beach in Greece. Playing in the sand you discover an unusual-looking ring. You put it on. You are utterly astounded to realise that it is the famous 'Ring of Gyges'. Later that day, contemplating the sunset, you ask yourself "Now that I have this ring, what reason do I have to continue to be moral?"

Share your deliberations with the examiner. In your response make sure you consider what the theory of virtue ethics might offer as reasons for continuing to be moral. (You are not required to accept these reasons; rather, you need to show that you know what they are) [1]

2.)Concluding a lengthy process of struggle, work, discovery (Self and otherwise), you triumphantly complete a major work, to find that 'your' forum space is in the process of being invaded. You ask yourself "Now that I've finished my work, what reason do I have to relent my iron grip?"

Share your deliberations, utilising multiple ethical principles, including;
-Utilitarian
-Kantian
-Virtue ethics.
-Aristotlian ethics.
-Machiavellian ethics.
-Hobbesian ethics.
-Boredian ethics.
You are not required to relent your grip, but instead understand the motives for maintaining virtual power in a wide range of contexts.

*Low trumpet noise plays, as if to signal 'failed joke'.*

*Adds 'Scared Standard' to 'highlights', if permission is granted*

[1]2002 Philosophy Half-Yearly, Sydney University.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bhwhhahahha thats bloody hilarious mate...even funnier is the fact that i am actually considering answering it haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)