• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tights??? (1 Viewer)

princesssmegan

HSC
I am I the only girl that thinks tights should be saved for the gym?? Tights were designed to be worn while exercising and should not be worn out in public. Especially under skirts. If what ever your wearing is so short that we can see your undies without you wearing tights then go out and buy some clothes that fit you!

Well my rant is over, what do you guys think?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I agree.

Tights are for gymming, possibly ducking into the shops on the way to/from the gym, nothing else. They are especially not to be worn as a pants-substitute.

I think we're talking about footless tights here. Tights with feet may be worn under skirts or dresses.

Edit: that said, I have worn them under short dresses, because they're warmer than pantyhose. Meh. I made damn sure the dress covered my ass at least.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i somewhat agree. tights under miniskirts/shorts/dresses has always annoyed me because i figure you can either wear stockings, which are so much more classy, a longer skirt, or trousers. leggings that stop 3/4 of the way down your leg make your legs look bad, which kinda defeats the purpose of wearing them under things. plus it looks like you either couldn't make up your mind about your clothes or you noted the cold weather but were too dumb to realise that shoving leggings under a mini does not = warmth.

i just dont like doing things by halves with clothes like this. either wear pants, or wear a mini, but dont massacre both by wearing tights under a skirt. especially not under shorts, ffs, if it's too cold for shorts, wear jeans. not rocket science.

also, it looks cheap. i have seen it done elegantly a few times but they were the exception. tights under mini = instant bogan. they might as well put that on the label.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I think that they're nice and comfy to wear around the house.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
they're nice only if you want to show off your camel toe :D
Hey, whose that in your av?
lol

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I am divided on the issue, much like the aforementioned camel toe.

I used to hate them, and I do hate when it was fashionable to wear them with everything in one's closet, I don't care if its cold, harden up or buy some pants. On the other hand I have gone and worn a miniskirt and tights once, and I dont know if it looked *that* bogan (i hope not :eek:) but really it just depends. The look is pretty much over though. And I certainly don't like the shorts + tights thing. And stockings are definitely classier. But I am indecisive v:(v What a useless post I've written haha.

But yeah, I'd be glad to see them stay in the gym where they really do belong.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think everyone's worn them badly once!

But this year I think not.

Skeeta

HSC
oh i'm such a bad offender for this, I wear them to the gym, and around the house - and occasionally to the shops if i'm heading to the gym straight afterwards.

That being said though, when i DO wear them, its very obvious that I am coming from/going to the gym.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)