Time break periods between lecture and tutorial (1 Viewer)

spillargroove

HSC
I have been finalising my timetable for tommorow; below is what I currently have.

Monday
Lecture: 12pm - 1pm
Tutorial: 1pm - 2pm OR 3pm - 4pm

Tuesday
Lecture: 11am - 12pm
Lecture (another unit): 2pm - 3pm

Wednesday
Tutorial: 10:30am - 12:00pm OR Thursday 2pm - 3:30pm
Tutorial: 1pm - 2pm
Lecture: 2pm - 3pm

Thursday
Tutorial: 10am - 11am

Friday
No lectures/tutorials set

1) I want to ask should I leave a 1 hour break between a lecture and a tutorial?

2) The Tutorial in red, should I move it to Thursday instead of Wednesday because it is a bit hectic?

Last edited:

spillargroove

HSC
I might as well do the red Tutorial on Wednesday morning and use the 1 hour break for lunch or if I dont get that time...

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
well, if anyone answers your question, i too would like to know if it is better to fight for a spot in the tut which is straight after the lecture, or the one straight after that tut, which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours after the lecture in my case.

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
personally id prefer having the 3 hours straight, then get outta the uni

having breaks just makes it seem longer. IMO get it over and done with!

Jacks

HSC
yeah that's what I'd suggest, imo the tutorial straight after the lecture is the best one to be in...and everything should be fresh in your mind and make discussing easier. If you only have a lecture and a tute in a row you don't need a break...lectures are pretty easy to sit through and 2 1/2 hours isn't that long!

Jacks

HSC
As a first year I had a 4 hour break between a lecture and tutorial...and after a semester of that I can tell you it's better do get in and out as fast as possible! It's good to have a little bit of a break if you have two subjects in a day (i.e. 2 lectures and 2 tutorials) just to get your head together for the second unit etc, but if we're talking a couple of lectures and a tute then it's not overly necessary...you'll find people doing their eating and sleeping in lectures anyways :p

ladki

HSC
LMSAO...but wudnt u get tired of learning 3hrs straight. i thought of that n then i thought i wud get really stressed n wud need a break dats y i have like 2 lectures n a tutuorial on wed but an hour break in between d tut n 3 hr break in between d utha tut n lect. i no its like spending my whole day at uni but d times for these tutz n lectz r sooOoo bad.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Some days I will have four hrs straight of law classes (provided I get the times I want) other days I will spend the whole day at uni, thus I have 1hr or two hour breaks so I can get, catch up do assignments etc but its all about personal preference and what you are used to. At school I often had double 80 min frees so I am used to long breaks and on other days we had double 80 min periods so I know that I can study with no break for 160 mins and have a break for 160 mins.

*Buttercup*

HSC
i have a question and it seems relevant to this thread so il post it here...

i have a tute from 9-11 on thursdays and then a lecture for another unit starting at 11... is that bad... coz what if i don't get there on time? should i change it?

also, what are the chances of me getting my first choice for everything when i register?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well I am having two back to back seminars 9-11 and 11-1 if I get the times I want, I asked a few people and most of them said they usually finish early/start late so you shouldn't be late...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I just took another look at mine and decided to alter it a bit. I don't think 2 hour breaks will help me much and I might be better off having the tute after the lecture to reinforce what I have learnt...does this look too full on?

Timetable One

Monday
9am-11am – Introduction to Law
11am-1pm – Torts Law
4pm-6pm Psychology: Human Behaviour (Lecture)

Tuesday

Wednesday
8am-9am Crime and Criminal Justice (Lecture)
9am-11am Crime and Criminal Justice (Tute)
12pm-1pm Psychology: Human Behaviour (Tute)

Thursday

Friday
11am-1pm – Torts Law

L

LaraB

melsc said:
I just took another look at mine and decided to alter it a bit. I don't think 2 hour breaks will help me much and I might be better off having the tute after the lecture to reinforce what I have learnt...does this look too full on?

Timetable One

Monday
11am-1pm – Torts Law
4pm-6pm Psychology: Human Behaviour (Lecture)

Tuesday

Wednesday
8am-9am Crime and Criminal Justice (Lecture)
9am-11am Crime and Criminal Justice (Tute)
12pm-1pm Psychology: Human Behaviour (Tute)

Thursday

Friday
11am-1pm – Torts Law
good idea:)

you only need breaks if you have like, 9-5pm or something so you can eat.

but the shorter the better coz you can go work or go home and get some study done or go out or whatever..

i have 13 hours worth of classes both semesters this year and i will only spend 13 hrs in one semester and 14 hrs in the other actually at uni:) heaps bette rthan having to try fill out time in between

spillargroove

HSC
Melsc, I hope you get the times you want. ;) I read that you have three tutorial registrations, just make sure your at your computer as soon as it reaches the time allocated. Use Firefox if you have to ha so be a vulture if need be.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'll be there way before lol, I have experience in this area ;) *You try fighting for tickets with 13 year old crazy Anthony Callea fans*

Is Firefox really better because I have both?

spillargroove

HSC
Well I just used Firefox to make sure I got in lol. It is faster; if you do plan to use it though, press the unit number once and you will see it say, "Connecting to ...uws.edu.au" and wait until the page loads. Otherwise you should use it whenever you doing something secure.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
My 2 day timetable was so sexy, but due to having no car, I am going to have to change it to an ugly 4 day timetable. :(

Monday

Intro to Law (Parra): 9 - 11

After travel, I will still have 3hrs or so to spare. If I was to use this time to study/homework would it be best to use the library facilities at Parra or Penrith?
I wasn't planning on going to the gym on uni days, but I may use this time for that.

Intro to Sociology Lecture (Penrith): 3 - 4

Intro to Sociology Tute (Penrith): 4 - 6

Tuesday

Tort Law (Parra): 12 - 2

Wednesday

Free

Thursday

Intro to Law (Parra): 9 - 11

omg, an even longer break than that of Monday...

Crime and Criminal Justice Lecture (Penrith): 4 - 5

Crime and Criminal Justice Tute (Penrith): 5 - 7

Friday

Tort Law (Parra): 12 - 2

Demandred

HSC
Keep in mind that all lectures and seminars would have 10 min breaks in the middle of it.

As for some lectures, you could always just come and sleep, no ones going to single you out and kill you, however, they would if you fucken drop pieces of food and litter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)