• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Timetable / Subject Choice question (1 Viewer)

HepAlien

HSC
"No more than 12 units of credit can be obtained in first year courses from any one school, department, unit or program..."

Linguistics and Spanish appear to be under the same school, so does that mean that I'll have to ditch one of them and choose something else?

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
Are both subjects 12 units of credit? If so, it sounds like you have to, but i thought most subjects were 6 units of credit, in which case it should be fine to have both.

Give exact details of your program and the courses you are trying to enrol into so you can get a proper answer

HepAlien

HSC
ianc said:
Are both subjects 12 units of credit? If so, it sounds like you have to, but i thought most subjects were 6 units of credit, in which case it should be fine to have both.

Give exact details of your program and the courses you are trying to enrol into so you can get a proper answer
Both subjects are worth 6 units each, so from my understanding of the Online Handbook, I can't do anything else from the School of Modern Languages for Session 2, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

I'm currently in Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications).

Right now I'm enrolled in Media and Communications (core), English, Spanish and Linguistics - all worth 6 units of credit each.

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
You will have to ditch one subject so you are not doing more than 12 UoC, unless you're just doing each once (i.e. you are not going to do Linguistics 1B or something if exists)

Otherwise it should be fine... let me just check again

EDIT: Yup, probably if you do one subject from Spanish you can't do BOTH LING1000 & LING1500, but only one of them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)